RobJ
What's DOS?
Views: 202
Message 1 of 1

No data connection after update to 2.3.6

Hello All,

Motorola XT860 3G

I require help with an issue please.

I recently (May 2012) purchased an Motorola XT860 running Gingerbread 2.3.3 mobile phone brand new unlocked for use in Australia on the Telstra 3G/NextG network. I am extremely happy with the phone and it's abilities.

Out of the box and after setting APN's the phone worked perfectly.

That said, I received a notification on the handset that a software update was available from Motorola. I downloaded the update (Gingerbread 2.3.6) and allowed it to install itself as required.

After install and reset the phone again works perfectly in all aspects (best I can tell) except, I can no longer connect to mobile internet via 3G/NextG. The error message is *data connection not available* or *no data connection* depending on what I am using. I have also noticed the 3G symbol is no longer visible on the screen.

I can use WI-Fi to connect, browse and receive emails which indicates the browser/email software functions correctly and the fault seems to be a handset issue. I can use the sim in another non Android phone (Blackberry) and connect to the internet.

I have gone through many APN settings available through many forums as well as using the Telstra provided ones (which worked perfeclty before update).

Has anybody heard oh this problem before and possibly have a work around to resolve same, It won't bother me to roll back to version 2.3.3 if I knew how.

Look forward to hearing some replies soon.

Best regards,

Rob.