Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motorolaforever
What's DOS?
Views: 1,598
Message 1 of 5

motorola xt860 or droid 3 cpu heats up

My question is if motorola xt860 or droid 3 will get an update. For is cpu heating up

Because ive been havin some heating in the back near the sim card. This only ocurrs in high frequency speeds 1000ghz. I also want. To know if this phone will get an update to android 4.0. Smiley Happy

arborij
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: motorola xt860 or droid 3 cpu heats up

If you are operating at higher speeds, the processor will naturally heat up a little.  That said though, have you taken a look at the battery temperature?  I normally do not worry until I cross the 100 degree mark.  Also, does your phone have a bulky case (ie Otterbox)? I myself have a Siedio case, and have noticed considerable temp increases, as a result.  My best advice is to look in the Task Manager to verify that you do not have stuff running in the background, remove the case, if you have one, during heavy data transfer, and download a battery monitoring app (like Circle Battery).  The app won't cool your phone, but it'll help you keep track of status and usage.

Regarding whether or not the D3 shall get ICS, I am confident that it will.  The D3 shares the same infrastructure as the Xoom, nd it was already confirmed that the tablet will get it.  That said, I do think they will hold it back for a bit.  I am assuming that ICS will be released on the new Nexus phone (Nexus Prime, Galaxy Nexus, or whatever it changed to), then probably make its way to the tablet world.  I have heard that we should be getting it somewhere in the neighborhood of June/July.  We will see though.

KilgoreTrout
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Moto phones do run a little hot.  The worst of all the offenders, with regard to heat, was the D2G which got insanely hot.  the D3 does get a little toasty when you use it a lot but you won't even notice it after a  week or two.

I found that adding the extended battery somehow made the phone feel a bit cooler, perhaps because there is more airspace under the hood with the slightly bigger battery door.

motorolaforever
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

ive been using some apps on the phone and i belive that the apps use too much cpu or they are not that well for the ti omap cpu. the apps that ive removed has cause less heating up . the apps are advance task killer and  android system info , cpu tuner and system tuner . i did try the  dual cores to 1ghz both running at the same time  , it did got hot  , the phone ran superfast. but i dicided to remove the apps and do a factory reset and install what i had .

so if anyone is having problems dont use these apps their are others that do the same

after i did the reset i tried the the system apps and not the cpu  tuner ones and it still got hot. so i removed them and its cooler.

the battery is cool it doesnt heat up its at 29 to 31c

i was reading in other forms that the apps can also make the cpu overheat . bad programming

i dont use case rightnow . the phone is brand new maybe 5 days since i bought it.

love the keyboard. hate the speaker at the back , should have been in the front .

arborij
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I agree with the speaker being on the wrong side of the phone.  As far as apps, you shouldn't need one.  With the latest OS, Google added a task killer within the application management software. In fact, it monitors the usage rather well.