Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnsdhrn
What's DOS?
Views: 538
Message 1 of 9

Caller Screen not appears

I had to replace the Digitizer Lens and the Flux Code with new ones in my Milestone A853.After the replacement every thing is working fine except one thing.Whenever I make a call the screen goes black on connecting the call.I can't see the caller number or Caller Screen.But when I slide the HW Keyboard slightly the Caller Screen appears.What is reason for this?Is this connected with the Digitizer or any other issue?And what is the remedy for this?Any may please offer a suggestion.

Waiting with thanks in advance,

pnsdhrn, 

eiertschik
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: Caller Screen not appears

Maybe the proximity sensor (two openings on the left side of the speaker outlet) is blocked somehow.

pnsdhrn
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

eiertschik said:

Maybe the proximity sensor (two openings on the left side of the speaker outlet) is blocked somehow.

Thank you dear eiertschik for the instant response.You mean the 2 tiny holes at the lowest bottom on the sliding screen at the side where the USB port is having?It is seen not closed when viewed from outside.BTW the caller screen screen is not blocked always.At times it appears when an incoming call comes or an outgoing call goes.So it is confusing.Do you have any idea?

Waiting with thanks, once again,

pnsdhrn. 

eiertschik
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

Strange.

But I guess something is malfunctioning...

Are you using a custom ROM?

In some ROMs the sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted or turned off at all - but that's a dirty workaround and no real solution.

I don't really know how to solve this issue - sorry Frown

pnsdhrn
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

eiertschik said:

Strange.

But I guess something is malfunctioning...

Are you using a custom ROM?

In some ROMs the sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted or turned off at all - but that's a dirty workaround and no real solution.

I don't really know how to solve this issue - sorry Frown

Dear eiertschik,

We are already familiar in Kabaldan's CyanogenMod 9.00RCO(Android 4.0.3) Thread.I am with mrvek's Nightly dated 06/06/2012.Now have you any idea?

Waiting again with thanks,

pnsdhrn.

eiertschik
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

There is a value called "mot.proximity.distance" (proximity sensor disable touch distance) in the file /system/build.prop

Try modifying it. The changes will take effect after a reboot as far as i know.

Maybe this will help

pnsdhrn
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

eiertschik said:

There is a value called "mot.proximity.distance" (proximity sensor disable touch distance) in the file /system/build.prop

Try modifying it. The changes will take effect after a reboot as far as i know.

Maybe this will help

Thank you dear eiertschik.What is the change to be done in the value "mot.proximity.distance"?Ishall try it.So plase inform.Waiting with thanks,

pnsdhrn.

eiertschik
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

I don't know.

I've only noticed that these values look promising - luckily I never had any troubles with my prox. sensor so I never changed this.

But I suggest changing it to 0 or a very big value and then test with each setting.

I guess kabaldan can tell you more.

pnsdhrn
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

eiertschik said:

I don't know.

I've only noticed that these values look promising - luckily I never had any troubles with my prox. sensor so I never changed this.

But I suggest changing it to 0 or a very big value and then test with each setting.

I guess kabaldan can tell you more.

Thanks dear eiertschic for taking your time for responding to my repeated queries.In accordance with your remarks,I am putting a request to Kabaldan in the CM9  4.0.3 Thread in xda developer's forum for Milestone.

With thanks once again,

pnsdhrn