cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dottorato
What's DOS?
Views: 2,618
Message 11 of 42

Re: Erratic touchscreen, keeps executing random commands by itself.

Thanks for all the feedback U guys. My touchscreen has now started behaving normally again. Though I think there is some SERIOUS underlying bug in this touchscreen of the Milestone. I think the screen has a tendency to get activated on its own, and start inputting commands due to some underlying issue with the hardware of the Milestone. This doesn-t seem like a software problem.

Though now my phone has stopped making calls for some reason. I am just about fed up of this phone, and planning to sell it off. Sad...

hiprateek007
What's DOS?
Views: 2,618
Message 12 of 42

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I bought this phone around 5 months back and suddenly from a week I am facing this issue. Some random operations start on their own and no touchh aur keypress from keypad is registered. It is very annoying and happens quite frequently though sometime it works well.

I dont remember any instance where the phone might have been in contact with water as such. There have been enough problems in a short span of 5 months and I am really repenting for buying this phone and that too at such a high cost.

Do let me know if any solution to this exists.My build number is SHOLS_U2_02.36.0

Vig:

Did the service centre people hav any clue? My past experience with the service centre here in Bangalore was horrible.

dottorato
What's DOS?
Views: 2,610
Message 13 of 42

@ hiprateek007:

Yes your situation is exactly the same as mine/ I have had the exact same symptoms and issues with my touchscreen. Though I was facing this problem for a month, and then as suddenly as it started the problem vanished.  I think there is a serious defect with this Milestone phone.

vigyani
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 42

Thanks

It is 2.1 update 1

I do not think it is software issue, as it was working fine after update (though after update I Wifi would stop working randomly).

vigyani
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 42

Hi

Interestingly it was behaving like carzy at the service center, so they wanted to factory reset but it did not help.

Then they wanted to install the whole OS again and I agreed, that also did not help.

They asked me to leave the phone and check it and replace the touch screen but would take ten days. (Ten days without mobile phone? How do one survive)?

Let us hope it would work after repair!!!

hasenclever
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 42

Hi guys. I just want to register here that I have the same issue. To me it seems that Motorola’s hardware just cannot take it. It just makes me sad, because I have watched this company get up from ashes again with its approach to Google’s platform.

At first, I abandoned Nokia because I felt that Motorola provided me with the next step, but I was first disappointed with the Milestone battery. How could Motorola release a brand new cell phone with such old battery problems? That’s right; the battery is not capable of avoiding battery memory.

But the final rock through my window was the fact that the hardware has a six months life. The touch screens starts to fail and it feels like there a virus or ghost running or phone. I am just about to through it on the wall.....

rockingtushar
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 42

Okay guys i think i know the cause of the problem and the solution. It happens to me sometimes when i connect my milestone to my comp via usb. The erratic touchscreen commands happen because current is leaking from my milestone through my hand to the ground. This does not happen when i am wearing shoes or rubber slippers as they provide an insulation. Hope that solves the problem.  

vigyani
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 42

Hi

For me this happened without connecting to computer or any such thing. This has been really frustating experience.

I am still waiting for my handset to be returned by the service centre. They are just not responding.

This is really frustating.

Overall Milestone has been waste of money and lots of time wasted.

dottorato
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 42

@Rockingtushar

Though your theory sounds quite believable, I'm not quite sure its correct. I also think this might be the case, but perhaps its more to do with current situation in general in India (fluctuations etc..?). Update: I am living in Italy and soon as I returned here the problem vanished, last week I returned to India and soon as I charged it in India the problem resurfaced. Strange eh?

Anyway I have successfully managed to sell my Milestone off. Phew! good riddance...

Do update me guys if any of u have successfuly solved this problem through Motorola service in India, although last time I checked it was deplorable.

Thanks, and good luck.

rockingtushar
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 42

I know for a fact that there is a problem with the earthing of my comp's power supply. I don't have any problems from other charge points anywhere. The problems you might be having might be because your charger is european. In India the voltage ratings and the frequency are slightly different.

And yeah Motorola service sucks in India. They should really learn something from Nokia.