cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannonhartfiel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,996
Message 1 of 3

MILESTONEX2 Cant Bluetooth contacts from old cell (aka name cards)

I really need to know how to SIMPLY Bluetooth contacts(aka namecards) INTO CONTACTS on MilestoneX2 from old cell. (lg eclipse)PLEASE IVE SEARCHED FOR HOURS!!
Transferring namecards/contacts has been an extremely simple, easy task since the beginning of BT Technology. So I'm a little flustered that I have not been successful.
I was able to recieve some of my contacts from lg, but my Milestone X2 only rec as "recieved files". It will let me go into each "file/contact", choose VIEW, then choose IMPORT... THEN I believe it lists in ....ignoring possible duplicates...
***» »PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I DON'T HAVE TO GO THRU ALL THOSE STEPS TO DO SOMETHING THAT HAS ONLY TAKEN 30 SECONDS TO COMPLETE FOR YEARS!!!
I already have to struggle w over 300 Facebook contacts that I will never call being listed as cell contacts. And I do not ever list my phone contacts in my email accounts, nor do I use Outlook, although I wouldnt believe all that necessary regarding bluetoothing namecards.
PLEASE, ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME SEE WHAT I MUST OBVIOUSLY HAVE OVERLOOKED, I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: MILESTONEX2 Cant Bluetooth contacts from old cell (aka name cards)

If you can export your contacts in vcard format, why don't you just send them to your computer and import them to your Gmail account? That would probably be the easiest way to transfer all your contacts in the shortest amount of time.

When using bluetooth I usually use an app called Bluetooth File Transfer. It makes transferring files to and from the X2 very easy. This app will help you transfer files from one phone to another. I was able to trasfer files between my X2 and Droid 3 with it. Let me know if one of these options work for you. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 3

Re: MILESTONEX2 Cant Bluetooth contacts from old cell (aka name cards)

Was joelbon'solution helpful? If so please mark the post as correct answer.

Mark
Mark
Former Employee