Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannonhartfiel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,928
Message 1 of 3

Milestone X2 going crazy

I received a brand brew MX 2 on xmas eve thru C-Spire, Hattiesburg, MS. Up until 5 days ago, it has been doing really well, moving really fast..all that it promises to do.
     Then, all of the sudden 5 nights ago, after sending SEVERAL LONG texts to my boyfriend, lol, the keyboard began pressing buttons by itself, then switched languages inn the suggestion bar. Yet, UN the settings, it was still in English. Several days later after resetting all keyboard settings for the sixth time and restarting my phone, the language was normal.
     But sense then, the phone is constantly dragging & getting hung up, clicking links author me even touching anything, flashing back and forth on  screens, rotating vertical and horizontal views while completely still... Its even stopping and breaking up while I play my music or stream from Pandora.  And, when it does not go totally crazy and possessed, its extremely slow and can barely operate more than one or two apps/actions at a time....
     I'm sure there are some things i'm forgetting to list. But I've only downloaded market sponsored apps, and I did install a micro sd card (new from Walmart BC the phone didn't come with one), a day or two before it started going crazy.
     Please tell me you can help me. I was becoming very spoiled with the quality if this phone. A friend showed me a market download called AVG anti virus app , which I downloaded and it has shown no viruses.
    PLEASE TELL NEW WHAT TO DO, BC I want my MX2 back to its perfect self!
     Thank you for your time and attention.
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 3

Re: Milestone X2 going crazy

1. What other apps do you have installed? 2. Do you have a screen protector on the phone? 3. Had you installed anything just before it started acting abnormal? 4. Have you dropped the phone or had it in the bathroom while taking a shower? 5. Have you attempted a factory data reset?

Mark
Mark
Former Employee
shannonhartfiel
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Milestone X2 going crazy

Thank you very much for your responses. I do apologize for my delay in responding. I am afraid my phone is still going crazy. Several times its even sporadically, and very rapidly flashed in and out of my recent call log and began calling people. No command or button will stop it, except to power down or remove battery.
All apps I've downloaded have been from Market place. (you tube, ytube player, mp3 downloader etc. all 4+ star w decent reviews, but i'm sure anything is possible when it confess to malware).
I was about to attempt a hard reset, I've just been really cautious of doing so. Granted, im 31, this is my first smartphone, and although moderately versed in PCs, the multiple storage files, internal and sd, where downloads go, isn't quite so cut and dry. I was wondering if you can do an entire system back up, as on PC, on the sd to save settings and what not, but then again,if something I have or have downloaded is the cause, I have to start over anyway.
I have racked my brain to remember any specific actions, I could probably check download dates. I know with absolute certainly I didn't drop or get it near the water...made that mistake 3 phones ago. lol
But I did notice an option for reset is with the external side buttons power, volume; and the texting marathon when this all began, I did accidentally, press the side buttons while holding the phone and texting. This is probably far fetched, but could I have somehow started the reset process or some other command by accidentally pressing the frame buttons,and quite possibly multiple times?
The performance all around has continued to decrease, to the point where simple video and radio streaming is near impossible. All actions, downloads, image editing, everything I do has slowed to a crawl. And I apologize for any error, but even the keyboard performance has me all but pulling my hair out. Ok, thanks so much you guys, and here goes nothing.
Ooh I hope the fastest, greatest, most accurate smart phone i've seen comes back after this. I've used many, this is my first to own. Shannon