Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hammerz
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 1 of 5

I can't log into Google Apps using WIFI during setup - Milestone xt701

I recently purchased an "unlocked" Moto Milestone XT701 GSM phone in Taiwan. (My 3G provider in Taiwan is CHT. In the US I am limited to A 2G T-Mobile connection.) I set it up before leaving taiwan and have been using the phone successfully for a week or so in the USA, but then it stopped syncing with Google Apps (Gmail, calendar, contacts, Picasa, etc.). I finally did a Factory Reset and attempted to log back into Google, etc., but it won't log in...even over WIFI. So, no caontacts, no mail, no Market....not much at all!

Any suggestions?   

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: I can't log into Google Apps using WIFI during setup - Milestone xt701

After you did the factory reset did you complete the wizard or cancel it?
Hammerz
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for answering, "Batmania15".

Yes, eventually, I HAD to cancel. When the login couldn't connect over a 3G (phone) connection. it suggested using a WIFI connection. When it failed to connect over an operational WIFI connection, I tried and retried...to no avail.  I cancelled.

Later, I DID succeed in logging into my main Google account and was able to sync my calandar, contacts, etc - and access the Market. (!) However, I STILL cannot login to any other gmail account. Not good...but better.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 5

I'm glad you got things "almost" working.  When you got to settings > accounts & sync, Which accounts are added under manage accounts?  Also are you not able to add an account from this screen?
Hammerz
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Only my main personal gmail/google account is managed...and everything is syncing correctly...even Picasa. However, I cannot add ANY other of my/our accounts to the Accounts and Sync area from the Manage Accounts area...NONE! I can (and have), however, used the Email widget to check my other accounts. WHY won't tyhe Google server allow me to add to my managed accounts? Beats me? (I was successful when i set up my phone the firs time aorund.) I think there is something wrong on the Google server side, but just TRY and find anything out from Google! :-)

Wonder if the Google server just plain prefers 3G/WAP connections?

Thanks for your interest! My phone is so new there's no manual for it, so help is not easy to come by!

Chuck