Did you mean: 
Highlighted
batmania15
Bit Torrent
Views: 432
Message 1 of 57

List XT701 Bugs

Hey Guys,

I will be compiling a list of bugs that are reported by users.  I would like to get this compiled as soon as possible and need your help.  Please list all current bugs that you are witnessing below.  Even if you are unsure that it could possibly be one, please list it, the more information the best.  This thread is only for XT701.  If you want to list for the XT720 then please post in this thread: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/41278?tstart=0

Please provide:

• Current System Version (Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Version
  • Country of Residence
  • Service Provider
  • Description of issue. Try to be clear, succint but still complete. Make sure you go through the list of issues and "quote" others if they've already described your issue and add any additional details. If you can provide examples. Screenshots and videos that would be helpful

Once I get the list I will forward this on to the team. Thank you for your help.

naviblue
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 57

Re: List XT701 Bugs

• Current System Version: 41.07
  • Country of Residence:Taiwan
  • Service Provider:CHT

• Description of issue:
1.sometimes can't read SD cards and get the black screen until replace the battery.

2.videocam get video on and off when using the stock c2 8G SD.

3.gallery3D re-cache photo that cached before.

4.As my knowledge, MOTO highlight XT701's camera function, but it has little function to manually set, at least iso and ev. we want xt720-like camera app.

5.when taking photo with auto/forced flash...the camera will delay 2 sec for charging the flashlight...can't it pre-charge when we choose flash mode? (that  is what my old SE K810i do)

6.Android version plz update to 2.2...it is called "Milestone XT701" in HK and TW.Plz treat it like Milestone.

isaachan1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 57

• Country of Residence:Hong Kong
  • Service Provider:CHT
1.Running games and browser webpage feel some lag even through had overclock

2.Using live wallpaper will very lag.

3.Use lots time to load photos when using 3D photo album.

4.RAM not enough to use, always need to claim RAM.

5.I hope moto can provide android 2.2 update to xt701, thx

raylee1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 57

·  Current System Version : 41.07

·  Country of Residence: Taiwan

·  Service Provider: CHT

·  Description of issue:

1.    Screen Won’t Wake Up

It usually happens when XT701’s SDcard is connected to a computer through USB loading some stuff. After the required loaded, when it needs shifting back to unload mod, its screen fades into black and never wakes up (No matter how hard I try to wake it up through pressing any bottom on the phone, it fails to work unless I replace the battery).

2.    Using Earphones on XT701 May Cause Crash

Whenever I plug an earphone set into XT701, it crashes, if doesn’t, the sound sending out from my earphone would be little or almost faint. Otherwise, it sometimes juz gets stuck. The only way to settle the problem is to replace the battery and turn it on again…

3.    Viewing 3DGallery also May Cause Crash

Sometimes, when I just want a quick view of my pictures, I touch the icon of 3DGallery to enter it. It will crash if I flip the photos too quickly and then it will automatically reset.

4.    Surfing Internet on XT701 May Cause Crash or into Black Screen status

This issue occurs occasionally when I shuttling to and fro among one another websites.

5.   Screen Fades into Black Status When Hang-up a Call

Occasionally It occurs when I hang up a phone call, and its screen never functions again unless I replace the battery and turn it on again

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for paying attention on XT701, for I thought I’d made a bad choice to have bought it. Hope the update can be released soon.

Sincerely yours

Ray

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 57

• Country of Residence:China
  • Service Provider:China Mobile

• Description of issue:
1.Android version plz update to 2.2...it is called "Milestone XT701" in China.Plz treat it like Milestone.

2.videocam get video on and off when using the stock c2 8G SD.

3.gallery3D re-cache photo that cached before or can't find photo took just now.

4.As my knowledge, MOTO highlight XT701's camera function, but it has little function to manually set, at least iso and ev. we want xt720-like camera app.

5.when taking photo with auto/forced flash...the camera will delay 2 sec for charging the flashlight...can't it pre-charge when we choose flash mode? (that  is what my old SE K810i do)

6.sometimes can't read SD cards and get the black screen until replace the battery.

7.The battery status can't shown as 1%but10%(not very important)

add:The key light should be automaticly shut down when I am watching film or anything else.You should offer a setting of how long to shutdown the keylight.

Saren
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 57

• Current System Version: 41.07[rooted]
  • Country of Residence:Hong Kong
  • Service ProviderSmiley TongueCCW
  • Description of issue:
  1. Wifi droping issue. Need root and install "Droid/MS Wifipowersavingoff" from market to fix.
  2. Too less of RAM that make apps e.g. "Launcher Pro" always force crash. Hope can optimize the RAM used by system.
  3. CPU speed. 550Mhz is too less for typical user. Hope can upgrade to 720Mhz or above.
  4. That's off. I don't have other issues, for example black screen. But my greatest hope is XT701 can be upgraded to Android 2.2 Froyo.
  5. I hate the battery stepping. Please remove it.
formula1210204
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 57

·  Current System Version : 41.07

·  Country of Residence: Taiwan

·  Service Provider: CHT

·  Description of issue:

1.Sometimes usb process just die, my phone will not recognise the usb has been plug in(I didn't use any program kill process).

2.It is too slow to launch the camera when I push the camera button.

3.Sometimes the touch screen don't work when I need to pick up the phone call(it only happen on the calling answer UI).

4.Hope that the indicator light could work both camera mode and notification mode at the same time, I think it won't be any conflict, so pls. change the design.

5.I would like to have "reboot" function in the menu of power button.

6.Last thing is not a bug, but all the users in taiwan just want to upgrade to Froyo very much, don't abandon "Milestone" XT701, since the hardware is almost the same with Mileston A853(Droid).

yunqi0697
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 57

Current System Version: 41.07

• Country of Residence:CHINA
  • Service Provider:China Mobile
  • Description of issue:
1.wifi can't connect,and the setting is so complicated.

2.Android version plz update to 2.2.

niclau
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 57

• Current System Version: 41.07 (offical rom)
  • Country of Residence: China
  • Service Provider: China Mobile
  • Description  of issue:
  1. While disable the gprs connection,then reboot the phone,the gprs doesn't connect(can't open website).It must change the phone to flight mode and change back.
  2. Can't connect with OpenWRT router which is using WPA2-PSK encryption mode(notebook connect successful).The router must use WPA by the phone connected.(router model:rg100a,openwrt version:backfire 10.03).See here:https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=25870
  3. Set the cpu speed to 720mhz.
  4. Upgrade the android version to 2.2!! The Most Important!!
  5. SD card compatibility is not good.

6. [New add ]Using usb to charge,at the same time using the phone with wifi,the wifi connection is easy disconnect.
seazuvip
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 57

• Current System Version: 41.07 (offical rom)
  • Country of Residence: Guangdong,China
  • Service Provider: China Mobile
  • Description  of issue:

1. When make the phone reboot,it cannot read some TF cards as well,like Sandisk C2/C4,Kinston C2/C4/C6.But really work well with the Toshiba C4 TF card.I've test for more that 10 cards,so it's really a big problem.

2. The problem of GPRS,if i disable the APN and make a reboot,it seems the phone was blocked and could get or put any data through GPRS.The solution is enable the APN and make the reboot again..that's a big problem.

3. Sometime when a call in,the touchsceen did not worked.The solution is turn off the screen ,then turn on it.That's such a strange thing..

4. The wifi connot get the DHCP IP sometimes with my wireless AP,not always,just happend once two weeks or more.

5.  The Biggest Problem is LOSS SIGNAL,it always happend when the screen was turnoff in my pocket or make a call more than 5 minutes..