cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 31 of 57

Re: List XT701 Bugs

No more moto phones!For your treat to our xt701 users!

Saren
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 57

now we are f**ked, I dont want to hear more bulls**ts.

tinchitse
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 57

NO MORE MOTO

I am so dissapointing for moto's upgrade issue.

Moto's service is the worest in all phones company.

My  phone has been damaged more than 10 times whatever on hardware and  firmware. Also the upgrade are no on all android phone except for the  Milestone.

I will call all my friend and families never buy moto  product, if any customer agree to my points, let leave a message to ALL  people that HOW WOREST TO MOTO!!!!! and NEVER BUY MOTO PRODUCT.

MOTO ~ You will not get any profit forever, YOU GET DEFICIT FOREVER.

Goodbye MOTO

steeven1
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 57

WIFI, WPA AES will hang after 20M download. WPA TKIP or WEP works well.

Tthe battery charge would not start from USB if no windows driver properly installed.

Cheap charger won't work for XT701, I have to shortcut data pin myself to cheat milestone.

A new batery only last 24 hour, too fast! need Android 2.2 or 2.3

micro_mini
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 57

moto byebye

lmbshli
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 57

moto you are rubbish company!!!!!!!!!!!

i will no more moto any product!!!!!!!!!!!!

701 will remain 2.1 that a discrimination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYEBYE MOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ctomgee
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 57

• Current System Version: 41.07
  • Country of Residence: USA
  • Service Provider: AT&T
  • Description of issue:
1. occasional random reboots, sometimes when the phone is simply sitting idle and sleeping
2. occasionally when on speakerphone the voice mic will not pick up any audio, resulting in the recieving caller unable to hear anything on my end
3. delay on camera flash is very pronounced - usually nearly 2 seconds, sometimes longer - before image is captured. Without flash, image is captured in less than half a second.
4. phone materials indicate the device as either "Flash ready", or that the device's browser "supports Flash". However, without Froyo, this is an empty promise, unless an update to the stock Eclair build can somehow enable the device to utilize Flash. Actually, I had bought the device anticipating Froyo would roll out to it, but was sorely disappointed by the update on the Software Upgrade News page that stated the device would be remaining on 2.1. On that note, why does the Korea market get deferential treatment? Their device for xt720 (MOTOROI) is getting 2.2, but the xt720 for all other markets (MILESTONE) is not.
5. have run into issues when attempting bluetooth accessory usage while also connected to wi-fi; one will occasionally cause the other to drop connection. It has occured both directions (BT causing wi-fi to drop, or wi-fi causing BT connection to drop). This only occurs when both protocols are enabled. Connection tends to be pretty solid if the other is disabled.
6. Google maps doesn't seem to support all of the newest features on this device; no 3d building renderings, and two-finger rotation of the map doesn't work.
Edit: I stand corrected; 3d building renderings DOES work; I just needed to scroll to an area that the renderings were available, such as the downtown area of my city. However, two-finger rotation of the map still does not work.
7. Change in the stock email application. I updated the firmware from 31.05 to 41.07. After I did this, I noticed a couple of changes to the stock "Email" application; replies and composed messages had changed from HTML to plain text, and replies to emails no longer included the quoted text from the original messages.
8. I forgot to mention earlier; I've also experienced the problem with the screen refusing to wake after it has slept. This has occurred both when I've manually locked the screen, and when the screen has gone to sleep automatically based on the time out in the settings.
EDIT: New problem...
9. I've recently had a problem with the phone occasionally dropping signal in various ways; dropping from HSPA, usually to EDGE, sometimes to GPRS, or even dropping signal altogether. I've tried a number of things; flashing different basebands from various countries I know that use the same frequencies as AT&T, such as Telus/Canada, and Personal/Argentina, none of which have worked. I've also tried a factory reset on my phone, re-flashing the stock .SBF to 31.05, and re-updating to 41.07. None of this has worked. I've also swapped my SIM card with my girlfriend's unlocked Telus Milestone; the Milestone still works perfectly, and the signal on the xt701 still appears hamstrung. This leads me to conclude the antenna on the xt701 is at least partially shot.

I'm terribly disappointed in this product both in the fact that Motorola is neglecting it in terms of an update to Froyo or a later version of Android, and in the build quality of the device, if after about 6 months of use the antenna goes bad. I really liked this phone when I first got it. Had I known then what I know now, I would have avoided buying this product.
New NEW edit: All NEW problem...
10. Ok. I got the antenna working better; at least it holds a better signal now. Not as good as compared to my girlfriend's Milestone, but at least it doesn't drop all the time now. HOWEVER, now the damn camera, or ANY app that calls the camera api for that matter (such as barcode scanner, yelp, or google goggles), reboots the phone. WTF.

Message was edited by: ctomgee

fover89
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 57

please upgread 2.2 for ""milestone"" XT701

lcv123
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 57

XT701升级2.2

onedem
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 57

I bought this phone thinking it would have better support than those previous htcrap, imagine my disappointment, moto.  Since you're not putting any more customization to this phone, the upgrade for it should use just the minimum effort of yours.

For years, moto phones have one common serious bug that plague all previous models and now xt701, xt720, and all future products -- the management team. Just remove yourselves from your job post will I believe moto has a future and many people can regain their condifence in your products.