cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 1,069
Message 1 of 19

MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 2.2 UPDATE

MOTOROLA HAS NOT YET REVEALED WHETHER IT WILL LAUNCH A 2.2 UPDATE FOR XT720 IN THE ASIA/PACIFIC REGION!!

MOTO PLZ UPDATE YOUR UPDATE PAGE AND OUR PHONES TOO!!

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 19

Re: MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 2.2 UPDATE

We are hoping to have the page updated shortly.  Please keep checking the page for updates and when it is updated I will also announce it in the forum, thanks.

Not applicable
Message 3 of 19

Thnx for replying!!!

hope moto upgrades to our phones to 2.2 as korea has got the update for motoroi

Not applicable
Message 4 of 19

THEY REALLY SHOULD GIVE XT720 ANDROID 2.2 AS IT HAS GOT VERY LESS INTERNAL MEMORY.....SECONDLY YOU GIVE MILESTONE 2.2 UPDATE AND NOT YOUR KEY PHONE(IN INDIA)!!!!

COME ON!!! UPDATE UR SOFTWARE UPDATE PAGE!!!!

Not applicable
Message 5 of 19

plz update the india column also!

punk_lh
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 19

Does MOTO really care about us?

ranojoy_ganguly
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 19

I did all efforts to receive correct information. Even while calling the sweet ladies reply the same standard answers we are just telecallers our team is at work and will provide you updates when it will come as they are currently working on it..  if you ask for the deadline of the project they are just telecallers can tell only what is told to her.

Now this is rude or not but I know one thing for sure more than thousands of people in India bought this Motorola XT720 to welcome the next generation hoping they changed there perception in these handsets. ( Perception of servicing ) but they are still only stuck into market share.

They never work for market confidance which nokia does plastic body real worst phones one can ever have no quality or fixed standards but only one thing took them get going that is service and PR.

Motorola can beat them by miles if it does care about the elite customers and build PR to put themselves as leaders.

I dont find that guts in any other mobile company not even in blackberry ( as it cant be commanman's phone easily in terms of point of perception ) when i mark quality standards.

I feel they know they cant handle more business so they do both Good products to make people buy. But on the other hand not to encourage them to make other people buy there products with showing tendencies not to serve well. Else people will convince other to buy as good things are pride possessions people love to show off me nether different.

Hope Motorola will get the courage to handle more business and need popularity of goowill they will start taking care about there class product and give them some respect.

Goodluck Motorola

vikashparakh
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 19

Any response to this question

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 19

Motorola will never provide an 2.2 update for milestone. The internal storage is too low 256 MB. If they provide an update you can install onley less than 10 apps. So it create lot of issues for non technical user.

I have an x720 and with the android and other app that come with occupying the internal memory we have  just 120 MB left for us to install apps. which means around 15 to 20 Apps. This is with android 2.1. If they upgrade to 2.2 then you will left with 50 to 75 MB and you can just have 10 to 12 apps.

For this reason i dumped xt720. Compare with samsung galaxy they have 2 GB of internal storage.

But I could clearly see that no other phone noteven the Samsung galaxy s2 or apple iphone 4 could match the music quality of xt720. particularly if you are a heavy metal or melodic death metal  lover, you will find it extremely hard to dump xt720. So i 'am for now using xt720 just as a music phone.

enduran91
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 19

Hi All! AN EXTREMELY DESPERATE USER OF XT720 HERE!

DOES THIS WORK ON OUR PHONES? In SINGAPORE, Running with STARHUB?

This Seem to be the so call "Most Official" Upgrade to Froyo 2.2!

http://www.cincinnatibell.com/milestoneupgrade/#howtoupgrade

People has done it!

This Upgrade was just release this month!

I need my phone to work perfectly! Got lotsa important document in it! And im just a student. I wont have money to repair or change phone!