Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperm2008
What's DOS?
Views: 596
Message 11 of 19

Re: MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 2.2 UPDATE

I want to share a news for All indian milestone xt720 users.

I did an upgrade of my xt720 Indian model using the cincinatti bell froyo 2.2

I was successful in it and now i have froyo in my milestone.

Now i'am able to see flash websites (i installed flash 10.3 version) and also able to move apps to sd card.

I followed the cicinatti bell steps and it worked.

When i boot my phone, i get a cincinatti bell text in blue color before i go to home screen.

At the same time, i want to warn you that

response is sluggish. everything is slow when compared to the 2.1 stock rom of motorola.

wi-fi connection signal is weak and at times is slower. things are slow to load.

so if you can live without flash support and moving apps to sd feature, you can live with 2.1 stock rom

On positive side

Sound qality is improved well and is rocking hell. iPhone and Samsug galaxy need to kneel down to xt720 on this

one aspect.

keyboard input is much faster you have 3g to wi-fi hotspot feature

But if you are ok with the sluggishness and want to enjoy all above features, you can go and upgrade it.

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 19

REQUEST TO MOTOROLA

hello motorola support

if you cannot release 2.2 for xt720, it is fine. but atleast could you take the cincinnati bell firmware and get the corresponding source code from them, optimize it to improve performance and wifi connection speeds and release a upgraded firmware of cinncinatti bell rom.

This will help us to retain the phone for some more time.

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 19

another update - I forgot to mention, the sluggishness and weak wifi connection is not consistent. now i am not seeing this issue. it is now having good response and wifi connection is good.

stalion
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 19

You want to listen to music get an ipod! The phones primary use is for applications when on the go. Motorola should still release 2.2 dispite their storage issued...at least thsi way we can move apps on to the SD card which would alleviate the problem you mentioned about internal storage...so in otherwords, moto has no excuses!!!

commandante1
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 19

Hello. I have update my motorola xt720 by cincinnati bell firmware. All is working fine (camera,
FM-radio,3G, WiFi (yep dude you can also use WPS login to your access point)), no problem with appsto sd and so on. Very stable and fast (it is really better than 2.1).

The whole procedure takes about 15-20 min and not so complicated.

You should do it and I wish you goodluck.

Special thanks to enduran91 deep from my heart!

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 19

CB firmware on indian motorola milestone xt720 is working great. It's faster, wi-fi works great, app can be moved to flash storage and flash websites work well.

Though I'am in India , I deeply thank cinciannati bell and all the developers who made this happen.

As a result, i dumped my sg2 and am happily using the xt720. Music on xt720 is great. I can bet no phone can match this quality including iphone and ipad.

stallion, i would suggest you to upgrade your xt720 to 2.2 using cbw fw.

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 19

Just listen to this

Motorola Milestone XT720 + CB firmware android froyo 2.2 + Poweramp with extreme bass + listen to bands like inflames, children of bodom.....

You will agree APPLE iPhone and SAMSUNG SG2 will give up and move away.

vikash_parakh
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 19

Hi Sperm2008,

Will it not violate warranty from the company.. on the top of it, after warrranty is over, will Service center support our mobile.. there will not be any support in case anything goes for toss.

Anyway i am looking to upgrade but those questions come in my mind and stop me to upgrade.

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 19

Yes, it will definitely violate all the warranty, terms and condition from Motorola.

Service center in India wont repair your mobile if something happens in future.

It is plain simple... You have broken all the warranty and all conditions of Motorola.

They won't even take your phone for repair.

You also won't get any support from Cincinatti Bell as you are in India and don't use thier service.

Overall, You are on your own.

But on the other hand, Beleive me Motorola support is useless, even if you do not break the warranty

the Motorola staff and Technical personnel are so bad you won't get any meaningful support.

They don't even understand the use of having 2.2 or 2.3 or so on.

So i suggest you can go ahead and upgrade.

The upgrade process is fairly straight forward, just read and re-read the steps many times and also watch the video

Take the print out of the steps and keep it handy.

If you do all these, it won't take more than 30 minutes to upgrade and everything should go fine

It is really useful as you can install more apps and see flash based websites.

I updated just for installing more apps.