cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 320
Message 1 of 5

MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 BATTERY LIFE!!

I ACTUALLY BOUGHT A MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 A MONTH AGO AND ITS BATTERY LIFE IS NOT EVEN A DAY!!

THIS HAS BEEN FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY I BOUGHT THE PHONE!!!PLZ HELP

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 BATTERY LIFE!!

There are a lot of factors that play into the battery life of the phone.  It depends on how many widgets you have on the home screen and how much data you pull down on a regular basis.  Some widgets like twitter and email will pull data every 30 min, hour, etc and you can set this is the applications settings.  You can try setting it too a longer interval or on demand which will give you better battery life.  Also try setting the screen brightness to automatic or a lower setting.

If you go to settings--->about phone--->battery use  it will tell you here what is using the battery.  Also you can download a free app from the marketplace called Spare Parts which will give you more detailed battery info on what is using the battery.  This can give you an idea on what you can tweak to extend the battery life. 

Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

THE BATTERY USAGE SAYS THAT 52% BATTERY CONSUMED IS BY VOICE CALLS!!

AND THE DURATION WAS JUST 8 MINS AND 12 SECS!!

riteshbendre
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

Had the same problem initially.......but now..with FB app on, Gtalk on, Emails, 2 hr of wi-fi usage and some calls and messaging...i get good backup....say 8-9 hrs continuous...

Moderate usage......lasted 21 hrs+........

Here is what you need to do >>>

1) Factory Reset your phone.......

2) get your battery down to zero...(let the phone shutdown on its own).....

3) then charge it completely for 8hrs.....(do this for 5-6 days)....

Doing this...you can see some major improvements in battery life   ..

This is only the issue with Android 2.1 Eclair.....i dont know about Android 2.2 Froyo....

According to Google, Android 2.3 Gingerbread solves all battery drain issues ...

chk this link

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html

Read

(Improved power management)

blacktiger1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, this phone sucks. I've really upset with this crap device and all android-based smartphones.

They all suck.

But Motorola... I used to be long-term M-fan, all my previous phones were Motorola. Now I hate them.

Going to get rid of XT720 as soon as contract ends.

Even microSD card was faulty and was causing phone hangs.