cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheAnswerIs
Not applicable
Views: 80
Message 1 of 12

MotoRoi, the Super DROID on the way soon.

For details: http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12314&NewsAreaID=2

You can bet that by March, this jewel will be here waiting to jump into your hands. I expect that price drops for the Droid are on the way as well as part of the AT&T/Verizon price wars.

Having used the Droid for work, I'll buy the MotoRoi as soon as it is available here, so long as it runs on Verizon.

TheAnswerIs
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Re: MotoRoi, the Super DROID on the way soon.

Given that Verizon now has an app that lets you use your Droid to program their FIOS DVR, getting content back and forth can't be too far away and you'll need some enhanced phone capabilities to accomplish that. With HDMI output, the MotoRoi is perfect.

MotoRoi.jpg

xjestersdeadx
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

This doesn't have a keyboard though does it? It looks like it could have one, but I don't see it.
xjestersdeadx
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Ok nevermind, found a video (in Korean) that shows it has no keyboard. For me, I like having the keyboard and d-pad.

xjestersdeadx wrote:

This doesn't have a keyboard though does it? It looks like it could have one, but I don't see it.
joelbon
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

I hardly ever use my keyboard, but it is nice to have if I need it.  Would be nice to have the specs of that phone though.  Oh well, there is always going to be better technology that comes along after you make a purchase.  Progress never stops.  I am still overjoyed at having my Droid!!

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

SteveRyan
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12

Im really excited about this phone! Only problem is that im in the new every two program with Verizon. If I want this phone, I have to upgrade my monthly plan and pay it for 3 months. Then I will be eligible to upgrade after 1 year. By the time 1 year is up, a new phone will be out that probably rivals this one!

I might splurge for this one though. Im guessing in the ball park of probably $700. HDMI output? Ummm....yeah. That will cost ya!

joelbon
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12

I outright bought the Droid because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet.  I think the Droid will be good enough for me for two years.  It really all depends on what you really want though.  I don't think upgrading is that big of a deal, at least just for the HDMI output.  Then again I am not a huge movie buff either.  I have HDMI on my laptop and I don't use it very often either.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

SteveRyan
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

This got me thinking....

I wonder what kind of Media Dock will be available for this phone. Will it hook right up to the HDMI? Can the HDMI output lead to a 3.5mm audio output? Will it come with both an HDMI output and 3.5mm output?

If it came with both, then that would solve the problem of having to plug the 3.5mm into the headphone jack to listen to music through your stereo.

I imagine that it would have to be configured so that you could not have the dock hooked up to your stereo and the HDMI input on your TV at the same time, unless the phone had separate outputs for both that hook into the dock. Then maybe it would be possible. One for the stereo, one for the TV. That would make the most sense cause then you could watch movies on your TV and listen to them through your surround sound system just by mounting it in the dock.

Then theres the charging issue. How could you have a dock that facilitates all 3?

I get it now. The dock will charge the Droid and have HDMI output capabilities. If you want the sound you will have to manually plug an audio cable into the headphone jack.

SteveRyan
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

Motorola website for this phone. I guess its also called the XT720.

http://www.motorola.com/consumers/KR-KO/MOTO-XT720-KR-KO.do?vgnextoid=f54669c5d6c26210VgnVCM1000008b...

SteveRyan
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

OMG! Im sooooo sold! I love this kind of poop!!

http://www.mymotorola.co.kr/service/MOTOROIFaqList.aspx