cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vundo
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 7

Motorola Droid (MILESTONE) with QWERTY Keyboard?

Motorola Droid (MILESTONE) with QWERTY Keyboard?

Hello forum, how are you doin'? First I would like to ask... does Motorola look in these threads or discussions? Because I have a really good proposal I would like to share with you guys as a Motorola user since Motorola got their first mobile phone.

So, my thread will be moslty like a poll...

My main idea that I would like to share with you forum is about Motorola Droid (MILESTONE). What if Droid (MILESTONE) is without a QWERTY keyboard? It will be almost like an iPhone right? Like most of the forums and mobile phone people that covers mobile phones does made a comparsion between Droid (MILESTONE) and iPhone. And particularly both were very similar to each; same speed; dozens of features... etc. Would it be awesome??

Technically, I am bored to see everyone carrying an iPhone all the time... and now, it is time to see Motorola around too!

So tell me forum... what if Droid (MILESTONE) got no QWERTY Keyboard? Just touch on the screen. It might be called (KILOMETERSTONE)... jking

Post your opinoin down please... Take care and have fun!

Regards,

Vundo

Gashead
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Droid (MILESTONE) with QWERTY Keyboard?

If the Milestone had no keyboard then I wouldn't have bought it. I have an iPhone as well and find the keyboard very prone to errors as I have man-size fingers. Having said that the G1 keyboard is much better.
Vundo
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

is that a no?
chGSD
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 7

I must also confess that the reason there are now 4 Milestones in the family is because of the keyboard. I too prefer the G1 keyboard to the Milestone, but I am slowly getting used to it. For the other three users who did not have a G1 prior, they find the keyboard fine.

Now as to your original quest, I believe there is a keyboardless Milestone/Sholes that has been rumored and possibly passed the FCC. Check phandroid.com it may have even been called the Sholes Tablet, although I may be confusing it with something else entirely.

Cheers,

orGSD

Vundo
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Yeah it is awesome, it's called Motorola Sholes... or maybe not, not sure. But there is a slope!!

Look!

MOTO.png

Without this slope it will be much much much better...

Regards

cfhuk
Token Ring
Message 6 of 7

There should be one coming out soon with slightly lower specs but the same kinda idea. If they had one the same as the Milestone but with no keyboard I'd be miffed as i would have got it I think, but it would probably be the slimmest smartphone out there based on the Milestone's thickness. It would be a big seller and have the qwerty/no qwerty bases covered.
Vundo
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

The slope phone (I call it) is now announced and called as Motorola XT701 here a photo of it... It's Android OS too!

Motorola XT701

Good specs and everything... it's awesome!! But I wanted a Keyboardless MILESTONE (The same exact design but without the Keyboard) QQ

There are other 2 phones (except this) are also Android OS.

Regards

This photo is taken from GSMArena.com

Copy Rights Reserved