Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kl68
What's DOS?
Views: 63
Message 1 of 23

New Moto Android Phone Announced: MOTOROI

Anyone read about the MOTOROI phone that is being released?  Darn it, It's making my Droid look out of date already.  Now I have regrets about the DROID.  Why didn't Moto just release this instead of the DROID?  Makes me feel like the DROID was a beta version and I was the guinea pig.  Rumor is it'll be available in the U.S. in the spring.  Some of the specs include:

3.7", 480x854

8 megapixel camera with face detection, IS, multi-shot (6 in a row - the DROID can't even do one shot per every 3 seconds!)

720p HD

HDMI port

Hand writing pad

32GB microSD

MOTOROI.jpg

See link: http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12314&NewsAreaID=2

SteveRyan
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 23

Re: New Moto Android Phone Announced: MOTOROI

Thats the XT701. I agree, makes the Droid look like a toy. LOL. I want that phone badly; I hope it has the latest OS when it comes to us. I wouldnt expect to see that phone on the shelves until April or May.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=motorola+xt701&gbv=2&aq=1&oq=motorola+x&aqi=g5

ghmerrill
Token Ring
Message 3 of 23

the only thing it has that makes me jealous is the Audio/Video out capabilty... put that on a droid, and I cant imagine a better phone... well.... find a way to "project" a larger screen, something in the 17" range, and that might be the tipping point for me....
Bec825
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 23

Does anyone know if this is going to be available on Verizon? I really wanted to stay with Verizon... for one I have always had a positive experience with verizon and two I get a discount through my work One thing I would say to anyone who is experiencing buyers remorse on their droid is that as with any technology it is obsolete quickly. I'd say most phones on the market have a "new and improved" version within 6 months. Though I do have complaints about my droid if I always wanted the latest I would always be feeling some buyers remorse shortly after purchasing my phone....
klamath
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 23

Nice phone, but to replace the Droid, it will need at least a 4" screen to get my attention.  I would like a higher sensitivity GPS reciever over the camera, but both would be nice.
slsmag
802.11n
Message 6 of 23

>>>Does anyone know if this is going to be available on Verizon?

The first questioin that would have to be answered is "will Motorola make the phone in a CDMA configuration".

If not, then it won't be available from Verizon.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 23

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you are a guinea pig with the Droid.  Do you realize how long this phone must have been in development?  A long time, my friend, a long time.  All of the problems that have been reported by your fellow guinea pigs have, I can assure you, been making the suits at Motorola say "we won't make those mistakes on the Droid 2."  But,  you say, what about those serious problems on the Droid?  "We'll put out a couple of primarily cosmetic updates to keep our chumps, er, I mean chimps placated while we prepare to unveil what the Droid should have been in the first place..."   And yes, I'm aware of how quickly technology changes...yada, yada, yada.    --- Dan
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 23

i dont consider myself a guinea pig but you just described a ton of phones i have had from LG, Apple, Motorola, and Pantech. i like being in the first group trying something and i go into it realizing that its new and there are going to be fixes needed.

DansDroid it sounds like you would be a lot happier with a phone that has a few years on the shelves to get everything as solid as possible and probably should avoid the new stuff as it seems to upset you.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 23

I know that might appear to be the case, but it really isn't.   I was already well versed on Android and Google by the time I acquired the Droid.   The Google technology in the Droid is amazing.  Only time will tell if the Droid becomes Motorola's red-headed stepchild.   --- Dan
xlibris
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 23

I agree, klamath, a bigger screen would get my attention, altho I may take a look at the Nexus One when it comes to VZ.  But neither the N1 nor the Motoroi appear to be a quantum leap in technology above & beyond the Droid, and they'll have bugs of their own to iron out.  Also, the slide out keyboard will keep a lotta folks in the Droid's corner.