Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spinward
What's DOS?
Views: 698
Message 1 of 22

PETITION TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER FOR XT720

Im starting this thread because for all of us XT720 users, our voices are going unheard. So instead of waiting for Motorola to do something I propose that all we ask Motorola is to unlock the bootloader so that we may update our phones ourselves to android 2.2 or higher. There are some of us out there that are capable of doing so. So sign here if you agree with me!

spinward
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 22

Re: PETITION TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER FOR XT720

Im starting this thread because for all of us XT720 users, our voices are going unheard. So instead of waiting for Motorola to do something I propose that all we ask Motorola is to unlock the bootloader so that we may update our phones ourselves to android 2.2 or higher. There are some of us out there that are capable of doing so. So sign here if you agree with me!

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 22

Not sure whether motorola will give us a reply...But Signed

zaid11
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 22

I feel cheated because when I bought the phone I asked the man at the work shop if its upgradeable and of course his answer was sure, this is my first Motorola phone that i have ever bought and it will be the last and if nothing happened regarding updating or unlocking the bootloader so we can do custom update then ill go back to my previous beloved phones maker Sony Ericsson

SIGNED

maxaon
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 22

SIGNED

pavithren
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 22

signed. This would be my last moto phone if they don't upgrade the firmware or unlock the bootloader

yurtesen
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 22

I dont understand why you dont put a POLL like this one? (you can do it in forum!)

https://supportforums.motorola.com/polls/1043

By the way, petitions will not help. What businesses are interested in is if their products are selling or not. It is not if the customers who already payed are happy or not. So, if you want to succeed in getting a software upgrade, you should just make it sure that nobody around you buys Motorola products, and nobody around them buys Motorola products. (I am pretty sure the management of Motorola does not even visit what is going on in their forums or facebook pages etc.)

ALSO you can join this boinc project. Have a look!

http://poseidon.shacknet.nu:8080/MilestoneRSA/

sariugur
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 22

i've lost all my hope about that... all that threads, petitions, news etc... moto doesnt give a....!!! i'll never buy one of their products...

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 22

I try doing a poll but the forum does not allow me to move it in to this community.so no point for me to do it......

mike85
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 22

yurtesen wrote:

ALSO you can join this boinc project. Have a look!

http://poseidon.shacknet.nu:8080/MilestoneRSA/

Is that key just for the Milestone, or would it also help the XT720?