Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjkdurrani
What's DOS?
Views: 365
Message 91 of 615

Re: PETITION TO UPGRADE XT720 & XT701 TO 2.2 Froyo OR HIGHER

Hi Guys,

I am afraid i have a VERY BAD news for all of you... I have been trying to get an answer from Motorola on this update for the past few weeks. Today i received an answer which i would like to share with you all... here it is:

Subject
Software Upgrade
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Leony)11/29/2010 12:07 PM
Dear Saad,
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
Regarding your concern, we do apologize but the Milestone XT720 will remain on Android 2.1. There are no information whether the XT720 will have the 2.2 update.
We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.
For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/
Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.
Best Regards,
Leony

I am sorry i had to be the bearer of such bad news. I am greatly disappointed and might buy an iPhone (which i should have done earlier)

Byeeee Moto

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 615

This letter was emailed to every email I could find and also mailed to corperate headquarters. If more people would stand up, maybe we could get something done on this. Dont just sign the petition, write a short sweet letter and send it everywhere.

"Mr. Jha,

Hello, how are you today? I am writing you about a concern I and so many others have about Motorola's unfair update practices for their mobile phones. Right now, hundreds of faithful Motorola users are so upset with Motorola because of its recent decision not to update the Motorola "XT" series phones with Android 2.2 Froyo. Now I realize this is usually a regional decision to update or not and not generally something you should be concerned with but for this one time I ask that you please look into this situation. The XT series phones are advertised by Motorola through t.v. commercials, the Motorola web site and most web advertising and articles as high end flagship phones and each one carries a price tag that backs that up. These phones for so long were people's "unicorn" phone because we heard about them for so long and never saw it released. I, as so many others did, waited and watched for this beautiful flagship phone to be released. I, myself, have waited since November 2009 to find one and now have finally found the one for me in XT711 that is soon to be released. I have been on the Motorola store's waiting list for over a month and am patiently awaiting its release, but a few days ago I was informed of some very disheartening news, the news that Motorola was not updating this series of phones. The reason myself and so many others are so mad is because Motorola has no problem updating all the Droids, Milestones, and even the Motoroi (which is itself an XT720 but renamed for Korea), but has chosen to abandon the other flagship phone series, the XT. The XT720 that is released right now has shown to be a wonderfully designed phone by its users but it does has several problems, all of which could be addressed and fixed with an Android 2.2 update. The phone itself has one of a kind high end features like its 8mp camera with xenon flash and hdmi output, but suffers from lack of support for adobe flash. Most reports about this phone indicated to its potential buyers that it would receive the update with the Droids and Milestones and also many people have been told falsely by Motorola customer support and also the Motorola owners forum that it was set to receive it, then in the blink of an eye, Motorola changed its mind and said no. As faithful Motorola buyers, we feel that we have been cheated by the company we put our trust in and spent our hard earned money with, ALOT of our hard earned money with, and have asked on every Motorola resource we can find (Moto owners forum, facebook, twitter, ect.)why this update was denied for our phone but have not received a straight answer, only standard pity replies that are not appreciated when we feel we have a genuine concern. For your company to treat our phone like it is outdated already is horrible customer service and a complete lack of product support. I can honestly say this because Motorola has already announced it will not update these phones and the phone I have on order, the XT711, has not even been released yet but seems to already be out of date and will have no support as far as your company is concerned. Almost every other mobile manufacturer is steadily rolling out Android 2.2 updates for their high end phones, and as a lifetime Motorola user, I have always considered my phones to be in a class above the rest, as if everyone else were just generic phone makers and I held the only genuine technology device but I also felt Motorola cared much more about their customers, now I cannot be so sure. So now, as a faithful Motorola customer,  I ask you to please look into this issue and see if anything can done to reverse the decision to not update the XT phones. If you would take just a moment of your time to look at the Motorola owners forum, look at the discussions and the petitions for updates, also look at the Motorola facebook page and just ask around a bit, I know you will see how absolutely concerned and upset the XT series users are and if you could just look at the phones features compared to the Milestone and Droid I am certain you will agree that it and its users deserve the update as well. If the Motoroi XT720 can get it, why cant the other XT phones? Thank you so very much for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you."

Motorola Corperate Address:

Motorola, Inc.

1303 East Algonquin Road

Schaumburg, Illinois, 60196, USA

Motorola Mobility CEO: Dr. Sanjay K. Jha

solnyshok
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 615

what is his email address?

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 615

I emailed Motorola Corporate Responsability at "responsibility@motorola.com"  and I just tried several educated email guesses for the CEO until I got no more failure to deliver notices. The address I used for Sanjay Jha, CEO, Motorola Mobility was "sanjay.jha@motorola.com". I sent him an email and also printed it, stuffed it into an envelope and sent it to him at corporate headquarters in Illinois. If everyone took that little amount of time and did these things, we could maybe get him to see whats going on and how its affecting the users of this wonderful device. Thats my thoughts at least, Im willing to try.

rizgud
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 615

Kevin replied to "XT" Phone Update To Froyo, a question about Motorola.

Please see my response to your other thread.

http://getsatisfaction.com/motorola/t...

rambo1
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 615

SIGNED .LOCATION CANADA.

ITS FOR XT720 THIS TIME .IT COULD BE FOR ANY OTHER MOTO DEVICE ..SO PLEASE SUPPORT US ALL MOTOROLA USERS..SELLING XT720 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT NEXUS 1 OR G2(DESIRE Z). IM NEVER GONNA LET ANY OF MY FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER BUY MOTOROLA PHONE..

SIGNED

rambo1
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 615

WE NEED FROYO .

HOPE THIS WOULD WORK OTHERWISE I M GOING TO SELL IT AND NEVER GONNA BUY IT AGAIN.                         

SIGNED

rambo1
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 615

froyo        for xt 720.

moto sucks

2.2 -2.3 or refund our money...

pijes
Punch Card
Message 99 of 615

Already put this phone on sale when knowing it wont be getting any update in the future. HD recording at 20fps? 256MB RAM?

I guess it's time to change to other manufacturer.

bhun
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 615