Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blacize
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 1 of 5

Screen Hanging and self operating

I have a milestone, and love the thing. Just today it started operating and running by itself. what i mean is when i unlock it, its opening applications, opening settings and just operating its self without me touching. This is not accidental cause i can see it right on my hand  just doing all soughts of things like opening messages, playing music stopping and reshuffling and as if ínvisible hands' are operating it. sometimes its too fast that it hangs, becomes unresposive. i thought it was deu to the applications i downloaded but, i reset it to factory setting twice, but it still  has the same problem.

I dont really know what the problem is this my first droid phone i hope you can assist me.

Really appriciate your assistance.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen Hanging and self operating

Do you have a case on the phone?

If you factory reset, does it behave this way with no (zero) applications installed? If it still behaves this way and no apps are installed and there is no case installed then it sounds like your phone is defective and should be exchanged.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
blacize
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

It sure doesn't have a cover on it. but it did have the screen protector film, which at first i thought could be the issue.

I pilled it off and still behaving the same way.

Its all back to zero with not applicatios as you know when you restart the phone all the applications are automatically deleted. Could it be that i got virus. cause earlier i had downloaded around 10 different applications, but then again it had the AVG unti-virus which i when i scan now shows, not inffection

Any way thanks for your assistance

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

If you did a full reset and the phone is still acting strange, then you should return it for exchange or repair. Virus is possible, but a reset should return the phone to like new.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
blacize
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Quick question, unlike other normal phones, can re-install the software again for an android phone. cause its still acting the same and i have not gone back to the dealer