Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperm2008
What's DOS?
Views: 234
Message 1 of 4

XT 720 support disappointmented us in India

Guys

i decided to dump my xt720 in india and move to some other android phone.

I purchased xt720 immediately after in was launched in india at a huge price of around US $ 780 (quivalent in indian rupees)

Howver it proved to be a wasted investement because

Motorola is still with android 2.1 on this phone and i could notrun flash and thier is no plan for updates

Motorola support in India is almost non existant and they seem to have lost here.

They could not even get be a leather case in india and i need to order it online from UK

Motorola phones resale value is very poor compared to other brands.

There seems to be no hope for Motorola fans in India

Though it is tough for me as i really opnce upon a time loved motorola phones due to thier quality, motorola themselves seems to be no more interested.

I would also other guys to be careful with motorola support otherwise you will end up in a dated phone within few months of purchase

globalsaints
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: XT 720 support disappointmented us in India

True... Motorola's doesnt seem to show much interest to Indian Market.  We deserve international quality support...

rajivkumarrama
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

hi sperm,

Even i brought this phone, initailly i was disappointed with the android version but C.Bell resolved my problem now i am using android 2.2 on my xt720.the worst thing is i cant get even a screen gaurd for xt720.and no casing, memory sucks even if i transfer apps to sd only few moves. Now i am thinking of giving a try to 2.3 for my xt720. does it  work on xt720. can any one plzz  reply if it works..

Thnx

rajiv

sperm2008
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Hello

There is no 2.3 available for xt720 as of now. you need to like with 2.2

I also upgraded to 2.2 using CB firmware. With this i could move apps to flash and also view flash based websites.

Thanks to CB. However when i start my FM radio, Volume button does not work. This is the only one bug i could see in CB firmware.

I'am still holding this phone for only one reason and that is the sound quality. I have not seen such as sound quality in GS1 or GS2 or even in IPhone or IPAD 2. It is so clear and it has extremely clear bass.

I have ordered motorola Motorola Razr which is 2.3.5 and ICS is also planned for this.

But still i love my xt720 and plan to use it as a music device.

My frustration is on Motorola planners and not on XT720.

-Sperm2008