Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csuzw
What's DOS?
Views: 175
Message 1 of 9

XT720: Picasa syncing/sharing

This is a shot in the dark but has anyone else experienced the following problem or know of a solution for it?

I can't seem to sync or share image with Picasa.  There is no option for it in the Accounts & Sync settings and when I  use the Gallery application and try to share an image with Picasa I get  taken the add account screen repeatedly whatever I do.  I'm using a  standard gmail account and from what I've read the problem may be that I  only set up Picasa after I'd linked the account to Android.  The only  solution I've heard mentioned is a hard reset but I assume that means  wiping everything (which I don't want to do)?  Surely there must be a sensible (ie not deleting everything) solution to this problem.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 9

Re: XT720: Picasa syncing/sharing

Does your Picassa account show up as added under the accounts section in settings?

csuzw
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

My Picasa account is the same as my standard gmail account and that is attached and does show in the Accounts section.  There is no option to sync with it though and the gallery app doesn't recognise it.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 9

Ok.  Go to the marketplace and install "3D Gallery".  It's a free app.  This will give you the option within this app to upload photos.

csuzw
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

While I'm grateful for the speedy and helpful responses this isn't really the answer I was looking for.  This is built in functionality that as far as I can tell works for some, if not most, people.

Regarding 3D Gallery, it requires an additional app called Flikie's Wallpapers HD, the developer's homepage leads to some generic ads page and I'm not sure I want to trust it with my login details or all the different access rights it requires to run.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 9

Understood, it's a workaround.  I myself have installed the programs and have not had any issues.

Braf
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

I hate to ask the obvious but when asked to add account have you tried entering your gmail account user name and password?  Assuming you correctly setup your gmail initially I would think that there would be no need but ...

Are you able to select "Sync Picasa Web Albums" while managing your Gmail account?

csuzw
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

Yes, whenever I enter my details it just takes me straight back to the login page and I've definitely entered the right details.  As I said in the original post there is no option to Sync Picasa Web Albums.  As far as I can tell this is a known issue with Android but I just haven't found any acceptable solution to fix it (I don't consider hard-resetting or a third party application that syncs in some non-standard way acceptable).

Braf
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

So using: Menu, settings, Accounts & sync, and under Manage accounts.  If you select your gmail account you do not see and are not able to select "Sync Web Albums"?

Annoying.