Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estebantrosce
What's DOS?
Views: 424
Message 11 of 128

Re: XT720 Upgrade News

texascowboy_1974 wrote:

This is really B.S. that Moto will update the milestone and not the xt phones! Wake up Moto, you finally had a chance to be at the top again and your throwing it away by not following through with your updates. I am seriously considering canceling my order for my xt711 because of the way Moto is treating their customers. Thanks.

Based on the desicion taken on XT720, I do not think they are going to do anything with XT series phones. So, If I were you, I would cancel the order before it is late. No 2.2 update means burn the money to me. Just go for any other model/brand with better/responsible support. I would do it.

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 128

It sure looks as though another brand would serve their customers better at this point. But I still cant understand how they can update the Motoroi, which is just an xt phone, and forget about the rest. How stupid is that!!

estebantrosce
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 128

texascowboy_1974 wrote:

It sure looks as though another brand would serve their customers better at this point. But I still cant understand how they can update the Motoroi, which is just an xt phone, and forget about the rest. How stupid is that!!

I think it depends mainly on the "market share" of the XT models. I think they aren't popular enough as other Motorola models so it doesn't worth the effort for Motorola to do the update. It is also related to the fact that making your phone old soon, you will be getting another phone. The stupid thing here is how they can think that the abandoned customers will be getting another "Motorola".

rcatkinson
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 128

Instead of doing petitions maybe we should all just email Sanjay Jha who is the CEO of the Mobillity Division and complain to him directly. I doubt Motorola has very much interest in what is said in this forum. They probably hardly ever even pay attention to wahts posted here.

spiderx_mm
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 128

Althought it is called Milestone XT by telecoms, the printing on the package and the phone itself is saying that it is XT720. There's no difference with Europe or Middle East XT720 (apart from language pack).

So, the chance of getting rid of Milestone XT upgrade is 90% sure. Well Bat, I'm crossing my heart for the rest of 10% to become true. if not , ....   ... that's it. I've already fed up with test bed phones.

estebantrosce
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 128

At this point, I think Motorola created all that confusion with all those names on purpose: Milestone, milestone xt, milestone xt701, milestone xt702, milestone xt711, milestone xt720, motoroi, etc... Most of them looks to be the same phone. Why did they create such confusion? it is clear huh? they sell all of them under the name of the best seller android phone Milestone but without the same support. Well done Moto.

I really hope to be wrong.

gommers1978
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 128

Very bad that a phone that is out for less that a half year will not get an Froyo update, they sould not lock there phones from custom rom's then if they dont support it with new updates anymore after it is just released!!!

I think this will be my last Motorola Phone, can add it to the list (Sony Ericsson,Samsung, Motorola)
Too bad allot of phone manufactures stop supporting there phone's even when there are bug's, errors or problems with the phone, or the phone is not running at its full potential.

To Motorola !!GIVE US A WAY TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLADER AS YOU DO NOT SUPPORT US ANYMORE!!!

P.S. Milestone is older and will recieve update to 2.2?? Motorola is a strange company.......

Pompi
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 128

I'm very disappointed. I bought the XT720 a month ago after searching the market for a few month for the "perfect" Android phone. I knew that it has some problems, but after i read many sites that there will be 2.2  I tought that will solve these problems. All we know the feature upgardes of the 2.2 (install on sd card, flash support, speed up) what would makes this phone better, but it has some serious problems too. The camera is nearly useless, in HD resolution but sometimes in SD too the recording is very laggy. I read something about memory garbage collector bug that causes this error. It is really annoying. There is no autofocus in movie recording. And even in photo mode can be very laggy after the autofocusing i push full the button, it takes secundums to take the photo. I think it could be much better with some software upgarde. I spend a lot of money for the phone here in Hungary (Europe), about 600 USD, here it is not a little. And after all I feel cheated by now with this anouncement there will be no 2.2 upgarde on this phone. I hope here or at the Motorola Europe facebook page somebody will explain this officialy. I'm sure if this update policy about the phone will no change, this will be my first and the last Motorola Android phone.

I'm really pleased about the hardware of all the Motorola Android phones currently on the market, but this update policy is makes the company unreliable to me.

Publicglutton
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 128

Well that is disgusting news as only a few days ago I rang Motorola about this and they informed me that the Milestone XT720 "WOULD" be getting the 2.2 Froyo update.

Is this how Motorola treats its customers by lying to them...

Motorola needs to make it up to all owners of the Milestone XT 720 in some way for the despicable way it has ignored and shown no respect .

firewood2000
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 128

We bought XT phones because it is running Android which is upgradable as soon as the hardware is powerful enough to support.

For those low-range Andriod phones, no one would expect upgrade because of the hardware limitation.

However, it is unfair that the milestone being ranked in high-range can have 2.2 upgrade but XT720 with similar hardware does not.

No matter any concern on policy or resource, Motorola should put effort on this if she wants to be winner in the market.