Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noivid
What's DOS?
Views: 477
Message 21 of 128

Re: XT720 Upgrade News

To Motorola Android Software Development Team:

As firewood2000 mentioned, we believe and trust moto that XT 720 is in high-end specification and XT 720/ 701 should deserve a chance to upgrade at least once. It is totally not fair for  XT 720 phone since its precedent Milestone can upgrade twice even its specs is similar and/ or worse than XT 720.

We hope the Dev. Team can explain to all XT720 Asia-Pacific (including Hong Kong)  Users in details why XT 720 do not deserve a upgrade opportunity at this moment.

I really really hope that Dev. Team can re-consider that upset decision/ plan of XT720 remain on 2.1 and give us a prompt and firm pledge that XT 720 can be upgraded to Android 2.2 Froyo OFFICIALLY.

A Moto Milestone XT720 User in Hong Kong

lubimaer
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 128

Hi Batmania15,

Does this means that XT720 will not receive even firmware update to fix bugs and/or improve evident lack of functionalities?

Thanks

Marco

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 128

I completely agree. The price range and discriptive list of features suggests to buyers that the "XT" phones are as high end or higher end than the milestone. From what I could tell, Moto made these to be a flagship model that was like the milestone but with a virtual keyboard. People who spend this much money for a phone expect to get the best and from the initial design, thats what Moto was giving them,  but to offer a NEEDED update to the other flagship model and not this one is just wrong, market share or not, these people have paid enough to deserve it! Lower end, less expensive phones are understandably not "equiped" to get this update and people who buy them are not counting on it like high end users are. I only hope Moto looks into this and realizes this update should be given to ALL  high end flagship phones and rolls out 2.2 for the "XT" phones soon.

Hinotori
Paper Tape
Message 24 of 128

I have one simple question... Does Motorola cares about its image at all?

This is simply unbelievable...Let me just ask that Motorola team responsible about this decision read this:

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_milestone_xt720-review-505.php

And even though the MILESTONE XT720 is not currently running the latest version of Android, Motorola promise to deliver the Froyo update in due course so there’s no reason to get upset.

So, I guess many, many people bought the phone thinking about it having at least froyo support in the near future. If, for some reason, GSM Arena themselves lied about it and just said Motorola promissed something that Motorola never did, them, please enlight us about it and sue them for doing so... The least decent decision that Motorola should have would be to accept customers XT720 phones back and paying the exact amount of money they paid for the phone + any contract fines.

I'm really sorry for anyone that bought XT720 thinking about froyo/flash, and this decision just emphasize what I'm telling my friends and anyone in any community that I participate of, don't buy Android Phones by Motorola...

gommers1978
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 128

Maybe we should sue Motorola because they promise working Flash on the XT720 in their first specifications and allso a 512MB of internal ROM. The only way to have flash working and to support 512MB is trough 2.2 or where they lying also about the 512MB (would not be suprised). Lying to customers about your product is forbidden in some countries by consumer law..... Come on MOTO keep your promises, or do we have to unite as consumers and take action.

Ipwnnoobs
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 128

I agree.  I think this justifies a class action lawsuit.  I bought the phone not more than a month ago after checking the websites to assure myself that a 2.2 upgrade was on the way.  At the time the website said it would be out in late 2010 or Asian phones and Q1 / Q2 2011 for US phones.  If I knew this phone wouldn't support flash I would not have bought it.

I relied on the information posted on Motorola's web site when making my buying decision.  I seek the remedy of Motorola taking my phone back and refunding my full purchase price, including any shipping and handeling.

Posse666
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 128

Great! It's unbeliveble! Get my money back! All my life I had only motorola phones, as I thought that it is a serious company... Now I see that it was a mistake... XT720 is the last that I bought! Good bye, motorola... Thank you for previous phone models!

dannywii
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 128

There is one thing I dont understand about this phone..

When I go into setting>about>system update

What is the point of having system update in here...

This phone has only been on market for 4 month in Europe and maybe 2 or 3 month in Asia and USA

For such short time and there is no more support for this phone...

This is totally rip off, there is so much problem with this phone

1. very limited storage barely usable without app2sd

2. awful performance in term of speed and camera

THINK!! MOTOROLA THINK!! WHO IS YOUR MOST PROFITABLE CUSTOMER!! EVER HEARD OF CUSTOMER ROYALTY!!

USE YOUR BRAIN IF YOU HAVE ONE!! DO SOME LEARNING ABOUT MARKETING!! YOU ARE AWEFUL AT BRANDING!!

IF MOTOROLA DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THEIR PRODUCT THEN MAYBE WE SHOULDNT SUPPORT THEIR COMPANY

dannywii
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 128

Here are two things about this phone:

1. Very limited internal storage for application

2. Poor camera and system perfomance

So this phone will require future update for this phone to actually become what Motorola advertised this phone as...

Unfortunately there will be no future update about this phone because it's now 4 months old and in Motorola this what they called end of product life cycle and there will be no further support given to this phone.

Based on this situation here I've reached a conclustion...we, all, customer of Motorola have been ripped off...

We spent money to SUPPORT Motorola product and they aren't willing to SUPPORT product we bought

Because, we, customer means nothing to Motorola, all they care about is take the money and leave (Very smart strategy, and this is the way to make money...maybe in short term)

I think the only solution here is buy another phone anything else other than Motorola...I think even Huawei can provide better SUPPORT than Motorola

mike85
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 128

Wow, this is just unbelievable. The XT720 was my first Motorola phone, and now it will certainly be the last! The absolute LEAST Motorola could do at this point is provide a way to remove the bootloader lockup so that someone else could do THEIR job and make an upgrade.

Unfortunately at this point I don't really have any faith in Motorola doing the right thing to fix the situation or help their customers in any way, so personally I'll be putting my XT720 up for sale and never look back at anything from Motorola ever again.

It's really outrageous that they not only lock up the phone to their own firmware, but then they don't even bother to support it at all!! What a ripoff...