Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vadimnech
What's DOS?
Views: 434
Message 31 of 128

Re: XT720 Upgrade News

Thanks for bad news!!! Didn't want to tell anything bad but not to turn out!

Has once again understood that the MOTOROLA shouldn't be bought. At you the company which constantly leaves the buyers, throws them. Technical support good as wasn't and isn't present. Almost all firms update Android to 2,2, and you why can't?

All of us thought that in a new insertion camera work because now it works very badly will be improved.

At 2,2 there is a possibility of installation of appendices on a card, and now memory very much doesn't suffice.

What for it was necessary to put on the market the left unfinished device. (Under the software).

Accessories the same aren't present!!!

Thanks.

Yours faithfully Vadim

Vadimnech
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 128

It is necessary to bring an action concerning return of goods Motorol, can then the firm will be ruined completely and won't deceive the clients.

Vadim

lubimaer
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 128

Just made WindMobile Canada aware of this.

http://www.windmobile.ca/community/ideas/detail/33858/

Please do the same with your mobile operators (that have the same model listed) around the globe

That should help as well

Thanks

Marco

Vadimnech
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 128

Thanks FIRM that we diligent buyers became victims of a cruel advertizing deceit.

Deceit is even the declared operating time of the battery, for a night  -50 % is as??? - I can should carry with myself the generator?

And the chamber is so bad that I can't present to myself at all, what for then the xenon flash. We buy phone or flash?

Jorehn
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 128

I'm not sure if it's in the right thread to ask but is the fact we're not getting the froyo upgrade influence the patching policy for 2.1? I read today about a bug in android (http://thomascannon.net/blog/2010/11/android-data-stealing-vulnerability/). Will the fix that google will implement in 2.3 be backported to 2.1 for the XT720?

solnyshok
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 128

Hello, Moto!

I just registered to say that I bought this phone in the beginning of July, based on the promised upgrade to 2.2. I still cannot believe that you do this to your top of the line phone and customers. If this is true, then this is my first and the last Motorola phone.

Bye, bye, Moto.

estebantrosce
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 128

Last night I asked a very important blog-community in latin america to cover this scandal Motorola has generated around the XT720 and, probably, other XT models. They have published something this morning about: http://www.celularis.com/motorola/motorola-milestone-xt720-actualizacion-android-2-2.php. I think everyone that is affected by this desicion should spread this news all over the world to aware other customers that may become a new victim of Motorola.

Since it is in spanish, I have just translated the text for all of you that may be interested:

Motorola Milestone XT720 will not receive Android 2.2 Update
The same week we received good news from the company confirming that Motorola will upgrade Defy to Android 2.2 first in Latin America and then in Europe, now we have received the bad news about another cellphone.

It is the Motorola Milestone XT720 which is on sale in Europe, Middle East, Canada and Africa.  It is a pity that a high-end product like this (known as Motorola MOTOROI in other markets) does not receive even a software update.

"It will stay in Android 2.1" says officially on the news page for the Android software updates on the Motorola Motorola Milestone XT720 so if you have one of these phones and expect to know what Froyo Android 2.2 offers, now, officially, you will never know.

Is still unclear the Motorola's strategy regarding the Android updates. Being required to look product by product to see if what you decided to buy is going to have an upgrade, do not seem to be the best policy because it generates uncertainty to the users.

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 128

My old nokia 5800 just recieved its V5.2 update today,which is its 7th update since its release.That what i called SUPPORT!!!!

Wake up now motorola,Before it is too LATE!!!

mike85
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 128

@etrosce, nice, I hope that story gets picked up by many other sites too! It's clear that Motorola does not listen to their customers, since there are many threads asking for upgrade and they've all been ignored... But if they get enough bad press about this issue, maybe they will start listening! And in any case it's good to let potential customers know how badly Motorola will treat them.

Dawgstar
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 128

Like others, I have join to voice my disappointment, even my old motorola Z8 is still getting update via the  Photo tools software. SUCKS!!!