Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solnyshok
What's DOS?
Views: 338
Message 41 of 128

Re: XT720 Upgrade News

if Motorola stopped to think for a moment, they would realize, that with proper support they would have sold tons of this model. If they fix RAM and camera, put 2.3 on top of this, it could have been the top Android phone.

Vadimnech
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 128

I don't trust now to the MOTOROLA.

leeyc0
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 128

I feel angry too that I heard that XT720 will not EVER receive an upgrade (even though XT720 is available on the market only for a few months)! I have never heard such a ridiculous thing. To be honest, this phone is very good given there there is a 2.2 upgrade.

Although I got a Hong Kong version (and there is (only) a slightest hope that Asia-Pacific versions will receive a 2.2 upgrade), I still feel angry that how Motorola treats the customers. (In fact, I would not have opened an account here if such thing would not happen.) In our Hong Kong mobile phone user slang, the phones that manufacturers abandoned (not providing any firmware updates) are called "orphans", and XT720 is called "orphan of the orphans", that it is unlikely to have third-party firmware upgrades. I feel angry and being cheated by Motorola.

estebantrosce
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 128

batmania15 escribió:

khrislee wrote:

where is the update for Asia-Pacific

will asia-pacific remain 2.1

I will see if I can get more info on this for you.  From what I understand the Asia-Pacific device is called Motorola Milestone XT.  It's not referred as the XT720 or XT701.

Have you got a response?

Here you have two links about the Milestone xt720 in Asia-Pacific region:

Hong Kong: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/HK-EN/MOTO-XT720-HK-EN.do?vgnextoid=672efe110796a210VgnVCM10000084...

India: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/IN-EN/MOTO-XT720-IN-EN.do?vgnextoid=1276f473a4889210VgnVCM1000008b...

Taiwan: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/TW-ZA/MOTO-XT720-TW-ZH.do?vgnextoid=60c49940b856a210VgnVCM1000008b...

Vietnam: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/VN-VI/MOTO-XT720-VN-VI.do?vgnextoid=3204faea0b939210VgnVCM10000084...

Can you ask the dev team to clarify what is going to happen in those regions with the XT720?

The korean MOTOROI is a XT720 (just look at the URL http://www.motorola.com/consumers/KR-KO/MOTO-XT720-Navyblue-KR-KO.do?vgnextoid=8e69c94f8f567210VgnVC..., it says XT720) and it received froyo upgrade. Can the above regions' customers assume that they are going to receive update also? If not, can you get some explanations on why not?

Thanks,

Esteban

lostinwales
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 128

and still no answer to the question 'why isn't the XT720 getting an update'

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 128

(posted by Mike85)

"Everyone should post about this BS Motorola is doing on Twitter and Facebook, here are their accounts:

http://twitter.com/motomobile

http://www.facebook.com/motorola

Found them on this page: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2ebfbfd7a2232210VgnVCM10 00008806b00aRCRD

If anyone has the email addresses of their CEOs or something, post them too so everyone can let them know what we think!"

I strongly agree and have already added my posts on facebook and twitter. If anything could possibly happen, it can only come from voicing our concerns, so please sign the petitions and post on facebook and twitter and even send emails. There is NO chance if you dont speak up!

texascowboy_197
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 128

This letter was emailed to every  email I could find and also mailed to corperate headquarters. If more  people would stand up, maybe we could get something done on this. Dont  just sign the petition, write a short sweet letter and send it  everywhere.

"Mr. Jha,

Hello, how are you today? I am writing you about a concern I and so  many others have about Motorola's unfair update practices for their  mobile phones. Right now, hundreds of faithful Motorola users are so  upset with Motorola because of its recent decision not to update the  Motorola "XT" series phones with Android 2.2 Froyo. Now I realize this  is usually a regional decision to update or not and not generally  something you should be concerned with but for this one time I ask that  you please look into this situation. The XT series phones are advertised  by Motorola through t.v. commercials, the Motorola web site and most  web advertising and articles as high end flagship phones and each one  carries a price tag that backs that up. These phones for so long were  people's "unicorn" phone because we heard about them for so long and  never saw it released. I, as so many others did, waited and watched for  this beautiful flagship phone to be released. I, myself, have waited  since November 2009 to find one and now have finally found the one for  me in XT711 that is soon to be released. I have been on the Motorola  store's waiting list for over a month and am patiently awaiting its  release, but a few days ago I was informed of some very disheartening  news, the news that Motorola was not updating this series of phones. The  reason myself and so many others are so mad is because Motorola has no  problem updating all the Droids, Milestones, and even the Motoroi (which  is itself an XT720 but renamed for Korea), but has chosen to abandon  the other flagship phone series, the XT. The XT720 that is released  right now has shown to be a wonderfully designed phone by its users but  it does has several problems, all of which could be addressed and fixed  with an Android 2.2 update. The phone itself has one of a kind high end  features like its 8mp camera with xenon flash and hdmi output, but  suffers from lack of support for adobe flash. Most reports about this  phone indicated to its potential buyers that it would receive the update  with the Droids and Milestones and also many people have been told  falsely by Motorola customer support and also the Motorola owners forum  that it was set to receive it, then in the blink of an eye, Motorola  changed its mind and said no. As faithful Motorola buyers, we feel that  we have been cheated by the company we put our trust in and spent our  hard earned money with, ALOT of our hard earned money with, and have  asked on every Motorola resource we can find (Moto owners forum,  facebook, twitter, ect.)why this update was denied for our phone but  have not received a straight answer, only standard pity replies that are  not appreciated when we feel we have a genuine concern. For your  company to treat our phone like it is outdated already is horrible  customer service and a complete lack of product support. I can honestly  say this because Motorola has already announced it will not update these  phones and the phone I have on order, the XT711, has not even been  released yet but seems to already be out of date and will have no  support as far as your company is concerned. Almost every other mobile  manufacturer is steadily rolling out Android 2.2 updates for their high  end phones, and as a lifetime Motorola user, I have always considered my  phones to be in a class above the rest, as if everyone else were just  generic phone makers and I held the only genuine technology device but I  also felt Motorola cared much more about their customers, now I cannot  be so sure. So now, as a faithful Motorola customer,  I ask you to  please look into this issue and see if anything can done to reverse the  decision to not update the XT phones. If you would take just a moment of  your time to look at the Motorola owners forum, look at the discussions  and the petitions for updates, also look at the Motorola facebook page  and just ask around a bit, I know you will see how absolutely concerned  and upset the XT series users are and if you could just look at the  phones features compared to the Milestone and Droid I am certain you  will agree that it and its users deserve the update as well. If the  Motoroi XT720 can get it, why cant the other XT phones? Thank you so  very much for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you."

Motorola Corperate Address:

Motorola, Inc.

1303 East Algonquin Road

Schaumburg, Illinois, 60196, USA

Motorola Mobility CEO: Dr. Sanjay K. Jha

What's DOS?
Message 48 of 128

first android phone from Moto; bought only 4 months, very disappoint about no 2.2 for XT720, won't buy Moto's phone in the future.

gbadboy
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 128

Dont waste time to begging them,just leave it.Throw your Moto away and join HTC party that you will see a new environment.

B-Hazard
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 128

Don't tell me to throw away a high-end smartphone that I only got two months ago and am stuck with for the next 14 months unless I pay £400 a new phone!

I do not want to be stuck on 2.1 for another year.