Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blackout-89
What's DOS?
Views: 408
Message 51 of 128

Re: XT720 Upgrade News

If only they would have announced this a few months earlier, it would have stopped us all wasting "a lot of money" on this piece of junk !!!

They might as well just discontinue the phone and "stick it where the sun don't shine"...

"it's now 4 months old and to Motorola this what they called end of product life"

There are people out there crying for food and somewhere to live and Motorola go and make a high-end top of the range smartphone that's shelf life is only 4 months!!!

It makes me sick......

lostinwales
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 128

all we can do is keep airing our feelings on being decieved and make sure we post on all new motorola reviews about how this company acts.

Angry_Moto
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 128

Fully agree with you, Lostinwales. I cannot believe that the sales pitch is "Smarter, Sharper, Sleeker" when it is slow, has not enough internal memory to install Skype, Angry Birds, Adobe Reader and other basic softwares and has MILESTONE placed on the box. Now they are calling this the XT720 and that this is not part of the MILESTONE family update. They are updating the Droid X in USA but not the MILESTONE XT720 in the rest of the world. Guess this tells you what kind of company Motorola is.

Bye Bye Moto.

Vadimnech
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 128

All the same why we so were thrown by the MOTOROLA? It is very bad policy of the company.

Each time you look at phone and comes its desire to sell and buy phone of more reliable company.

Farewell a mOTOROLA - the company from a small letter!!  !

mrhankey1
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 128

As I have posted before. If Motorola decides to turn back and tell us that it will not upgrade our phones to 2.2, I will lose all respect I have for this company and forever boycott any product of this company. As an investor and consumer, this is a terrible business practice for Motorola. It is simply being lazy, and unfair to us consumers who pay good money. Thats, that. Save yourself from losing further consumer base by fixing your mistakes.

harrybv
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 128

The Print on the Box of my phone clearly states Motorola Milestone XT720. This is absolutely shameful of Motorola to once again ditch users. I wonder if there is nothing illegal about saying things and then withdrawing. I am sure to sell the phone and never go the Moto way again. I will also advocate and swear to dissuade at least 5 persons from buying a Moto.....I am very disturbed with this news.

povi
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 128

Is there  a  Detailed time for users of  xt701?

csuzw
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 128

Another lost customer here.

When I was looking to buy a new phone, there seemed to be 2 obvious options, HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S.  At the time Android 2.2 had just come out, no phone had it yet, but every phone company suggested that they were going to upgrade to it.  In the end I went for the XT720 though as it was newer (I don't know why I thought this would be a plus but it's ridiculous that an older phone by the same company is getting the upgrade), had a good flash/camera and I could get it slightly cheaper than the HTC or Samsung phones.  I knew it had some issues like lack of internal memory but everything I read suggested it was going to be upgraded so that would cease to be an issue (in fact I was even told on these forums that this would be the case).  I even remember it being advertised with full flash support which as far as I'm aware is still only properly supported in 2.2.  Aside from the lack of 2.2 update, my biggest frustration with this phone is the support.  It's almost as if Motorola released the phone and then immediately forgot about it out of embarrassment or laziness.  I'm sure it isn't the community moderators faults but it doesn't give a good impression when they have no answers or the answers are incorrect.  It's also either impossible or nearly impossible to find any information on this site, because it doesn't exist or it's hidden away in different country/language bit of the site.

I'm not usually 1 to stop buying a companies goods over 1 bad product or some bad service/support but in this case I'm going to make an exception.  I'm sure this will have minimal impact on Motorola's bottom line and I'm sure I'll have issues with any other phone I get in future from other manufacturers but I have a very hard time believing it will be bad as my XT720 experience has been.

goleaf
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 128

Too bad the corporate beancounters think they are saving big bucks by not releasing Froyo 2.2 on the xt720. A page right out of the textbooks on corporate shortsightedness. The tens of millions of $ they will lose in sales & lost long term customer loyalty can never be bought back. In the short term it may not be a significant measure but in the long term they have put a cap on their own market share. I will now short Moto stock on the market after this fiscal year because it will show up in their market share for the next 5 years.

mansim05
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 128

I have purchased milestone xt 720 in UAE and its really amazing phone  but im very upset that being such a costly phone, motorola has marked  online that this high multimedia phone (as motorola say) will remain on  android 2.1.

the model on lower segment than motorola xt720 are  getting froyo updates and higher segment phone like Milestone is set to  remain on older platform.

kindly requesting motorola to update the android 2.1  to 2.2 fast or it would be just a dumb phone and being a bad reputation  to motorala.

please think and we are waiting for update.

PLEASE UPDATE THE ANDROID 2.1 TO 2.2 ON MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720