Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pajo
What's DOS?
Views: 406
Message 11 of 56

Re: XT720 bugs and lacks that must be fixed

if you don't give us froyo....please correct those bugs!

-HD video is so-so..in specifications on developer.motorola.com under XT720 model, it states that HD video is recorded in 24fps, but this is not true, 20 fps is max

- capacitive buttons under display don't lighten up when you receive message or something (and display is on)

-  please fix that option "periodic and visual notifications", because they don't work (same thing is working very well at flipout model)

- shutter lag is big in first photo with flash on (probably charge thing)

-try to fix microphone treshold (for example when recording video of concerts or something similar with higher volume, sound is very distorted)

-please give us motorola multitouch keyboard (like on many other motorola touch only phones!)

- correct FM radio application (in specifications states that XT720 have RDS, but radio application can't read RDS feeds)

and something that is for all new motorola models:

Give us option to remove motonav!!

this thing is about 15MB big, and on models which motorola won't give froyo, this is a really big issue

abet_70
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 56

Same problem with my xt720.... hope motorola can do something to fix it especially the low memory issue and poor hd video recording...... motorola must also consider of updating it to 2.2 or higher for best performance.   MOTOROLA PLEASE HEAR OUR PRAYER..........

goleaf
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 56

My main issue is that about every 20 phone calls the screen freezes black. One can't access the end call button or the dialpad. Another reason I have to pull the battery. This phone has so many bugs, that if they are not going to support it they can't be trusted to fix any of their phones. I don't know what they sold us but without Froyo it's not a phone.

abet_70
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 56

There must be no excuse.....Motorola has obligation.... We demand 2.2 froyo update for milestone xt720.....

lubimaer
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 56

I'm not able to reproduce this bug every time, but several times the phone cannot recover if you start camera application and leave the phone alone untill the power saving happens.

My phone version and sw version are listed on top of this post

Marco

hellmonger
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 56

Hello my name is Ken, I consider myself an advanced user, and I own the XT720 from Videotron Qc. Canada.

I have broken down my experience into two sections.

A.  Android OS issues. I realize that these are not the Android forums, and not about Froyo. But they are pertinent to my phone as they fix some major issues encountered with the XT720.

B. Motorola Firmware issues.

A.1. The home app (the app that manages your home screen and app menu) is laggy, slow and freezes and all around unusable often forcing me to reset the phone, I have replaced it with an App called "launcher pro" and the difference is night and day my phone became "snappy".

A.2. Installing all APPs to the SD card with "Aps2SD" support and Adobe Flash, all are resolved with Froyo2.2.

B.1.

ROM memory is not recognized correctly my phone only sees 90MB after OS install I thought it had 512MB and not just 200MB.

B.2.

CPU and battery life, the stock cpu settings are wrong, I run the phone at 1000Mhz and have had a much better experience then at 520 or now 720, the home screen freezes much less and after setting my own CPU stepping profiles using an app called "setCPU" my battery life has increased 300%~.

B.3

Camera (photo mode).

Silent mode does not affect the Shutter sound.

When taking the first picture, the lag between Click and picture is ~500ms, Second picture is~0.50ms(all tested after Auto-focus). Major

Low-light Pictures are grainy and noisy; "Night mode" does not work at all. Major

Some freeze ups, and lockups.  I have not been able to consistently reproduce it. Seems to be related to the review app.

B.4.

Camera (Video mode).Issues at full 720P resolutions to VGA resolution.

After ~30s of recording I get a “Low memory error”, the video thus lags at uneven intervals. After stopping the recoding I experience corrupted videos ~35% of the time. I believe this is due to an issue with moving the “cached” data from internal RAM or ROM to external SD memory, I suggest making the data creation higher priority and then direct. Major

B.5.

Video Auto-focus does not work at all, every video I take is slightly out of focus but my pictures are clear. Major

B.6.

Messages notification lights(Menu, Home, Back and Search).

If i get a txt message and my phone is on standby "screen off". i turn on the screen to see the txt message, the lights do not turn on i have to turn the screen off and then back on to see the lights. Minor.

Please address these issues, I cannot stress enough how unusable this phone is right now.

Regards,

Ken Kay

Senior security analyst.

Edited cause i forgot the Light bug.

• Removed your email address -- we discourage putting personal information of that kind on a public forums. Also, you have not crossed the line here, but please be aware that detailed discussions of root are not allowed on this site, per our rules. Thanks for the detailed report.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

thecroztm
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 56

My phone has had the massive shutterlag since day one. It was just one of the huge disappointments in this cameraphone (the entire reason I purchased this model). Taking a picture requires waiting eternally for the camera to actually take the picture. (Friends get bored waiting for the shutter to fire and so rarely have a natural smile.) Also, I'm disappointed in the photo quality, it looks no better than a 3MP point-and-shoot. If it didn't have the flash, it'd be no better than my old iPhone 2G's camera which was essentially useless. If any of these issues are correctable, I would welcome it.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 18 of 56

All,

Thank you very much for listing all the bugs you have found.  I have compiled everything into a list and have forwarded this onto the team.  I hope to have something to share with you soon, thanks again.

lubimaer
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 56

Hi batmania15,

We really appreciate your help but we really need to see those issues fixed soon.

(Talking about a smartphone device, "soon"  means few weeks)

If Motorola does not intend to fix those obvious issues then I'll really have to complain with Motorola.

Thanks

vesko321
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 56

Please join the Facebook group "PETITION TO PUT XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_182095478483749&ap=1