Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaud
What's DOS?
Views: 410
Message 21 of 56

Re: XT720 bugs and lacks that must be fixed

It is already on the update table.You should change the group name to PETITION TO UPGRADE XT720 TO 2.2 Froyo OR HIGHER.

d23wilson
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 56

great...thanks batmania...we all hope to hear from you sooner rather than later.

I know that is quite a comment/statement...because the bigger the company the less humanity within it...its just a beastly juggernaut that keep on rolling with no one in charge.

But, from a personal point of view, the support has dropped because the sales are not there and if there is not enough revenue then the operating cost must be driven down to near zero...i.e. no dollars to support this product.

So...what i am saying....if anything ...absolutely anything....cos if any support is given, it might be given to a team of say 3-5 programmers at motorola for this XT720, whilst other products will have teams  of 15-30 right?

if anything, just be open and honest with us about timelines. if its not looking like 2 weeks away or whatever, then let us know...i will go straight out and buy the nokia N8 and capture happy snaps and video footage for this Xmas. At the very least please empower us to make some decisions based on up to date relevant information.

I am begging you with the 500 dollars i have paid to give us some information so i dont go out and spend another 500 dollars on a nokia N8...only to see an update turn up a week later for the XT720.

The longer the wait for information, the longer the stages of darkness...and when has anyone enjoyed living in the dark?

mikekop
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 56

Another bug I've found: After enabling "Visual Notifications" (4 touch buttons in bottom of screen blink when recieving a message), most of the time, if not always, the buttons isn't lit up when I unlock the screen after getting a message. I have to lock the screen, and then unlock it again in order to have illuminated "Menu-Home-Back-Search" buttons

I do not use any third party message app, only the XT720 native one(s).

I think this is just a wrongly written script, ie "turn off" instead of "turn on" illumination. Easy fix.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

And please, please, Motorola, hurry up with the bug fix update. My videos keeps freezing everytime I record, sometimes up to 10 seconds, and ofcourse this happens when the moment I want to record takes place.

The photos are way too hard compressed. I get around 1,5Mb of file size when using the native camera app, while I get 4,3Mb file size when using Camera 360 from Market. The native camera app needs a setting to control this, like "Low-Medium-High" file size.

Need White Balance settings in Camera App. This exist in Camera 360.

hellmonger
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 56

confirmed! if i disable notification the issue is resolved...

dimon1
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 56

I can confirm the bug with the buttons not being lit up if I enable visual notification.

Shutter lag is huge! Please fix it.

Also, why is the battery level is only 10x increments? Can it be fixed to show the  true percentage?

pinolo
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 56

Sry for my bad english. Ny problems with XT720:

1 - small RAM, XT720 needs Froyo or highest or Motorloa upgrade to put Apps in SD card

2 - why not compatble with Apple?

3 - item of " agenda" in home

4 - do exist an App similar to have an home similar HTC?

Bye

spiderx_mm
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 56

another issue,

HDMI output is usless. when i tried to show the video on my HD TV, I've got amazing 1 frame per second video. geez!!!!!! and when i press the stop button on the phone screen, everything gone crazy. instead of going back to my home screen, the Rewind/Play/Forward  buttons are still showing. but on TV, it's showing my home screen!!!!! can't believe it Moto. it's crap, just crap.

I touch the screen, the icons on the home screen are activated. (though my phone screen is still showing that freaking three buttons). i enjoyed looking my TV and touching my phone .... for only a moment, but it's freaked me out.

you gotta fixed it ASAP moto. this is what you've boasted about this phone, FULL HD RECORDING AND FULL HD OUTPUT, it sucks ... IT TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike85
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 56

How about fixing the many security issues that were fixed in Android 2.2? Such as this one, which is from November by the way:

http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-1807

I don't expect anything to come from this thread though... Motorola has already made it perfectly clear what level of support and service they want to provide for their phones, i.e. total crap. Once they have your money, they don't care anymore.

I expect this thread will get a similar reply from Motorola as the 2.2 upgrade requests, something like:

"Based on a variety of business and technical factors, including the best combination of hardware and software for the device, we have decided to leave all the bugs and problems unfixed. Buy another Motorola phone lol."

Sucks that I haven't been able to get rid of my XT720 yet

ashwinjain
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 56

We need upgrade.. else the phone is down the drain..

mikekop
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 56

So, Batmania15, we have heard nothing from you in this thread since 14 december, only vague hints of a bugfix update in other threads concerning XT720. Could please give a "no-update will come" or "yes-update will come" answer? A timeline would be great too, if not exact date, then at least "2 weeks-2 months-2 years"...

Also, what will you do about the security issues in current Android OS (2.1)?

There is also a issue with sms being sent to wrong recipients in current Android OS, patch for this?

I will not get into the rant of "FroYo for XT720" now, but I have a question still: If I have say Windows XP on my computer, and want Windows 7 instead, I need to pay Microsoft to get Windows 7, at a round estimated sum of 100$.

Would Motorola consider this?

If 200 XT720 owners paid 50$ to get FroYo, this would give 10000$, that would probably pay atleast one week of 2 software developers to tweaking the Motoroi FroYo build into functioning on the XT720/701.

I know I'm willing to pay that sum (50$). I also know I will never buy another Moto phone if this does not get proper attention.