Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellmonger
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 31 of 56

Re: XT720 bugs and lacks that must be fixed

Throwing money at the phone wont solve anything....

This phone was released non-functional...

Batmania please provide us with an update.

but i beleive the issues with the phone are more firmware issues that should have been fixed before release...

I have a Lawyer and i have collected 300+ unsatisfied XT720 owners, all phone related issues are well documented and a class action will result in a setlement.

I am just keeping faith that theses presented issues will be resolved...

So please may we have an update?

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 56

The serious "Android Data Stealing Vulnerability" that allows websites to access files stored on the SD card needs to be patched.

http://thomascannon.net/blog/2010/11/android-data-stealing-vulnerability/

The workarounds (either disable javascript or use a 3rd party web browser) are not an acceptable long term solution. Disabling javascript cripples the web browers and the XT720 running 2.1 simply doesn't have enough available memory to squander it willy-nilly on 3rd-party web browsers.

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 33 of 56

All,

Sorry for not updating you recently.  The logs and list of bug issues that you have reported have been submitted.  Thank you for helping and providing this.  Mark and I are working with the team to get this pushed through and get more of an update for you.  I don't have the update you are really looking for but this is in the process and actively being worked on.

As more information is provided to me I will share with you. 

Thanks for your help.

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 56

batmania15,

With all due respect, I realize you don't have an easy task. But promises are cheap and we'll believe it when we see it. I'll be generous and start the clock today: Jan 11, 2011. We'll await any actual support from Motorola Mobility with bated breath.

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 56

mikekop, I would also purchase blessed upgrades, but that doesn't seem to be Motorola's business plan (despite the fact that the locking the bootloader elegantly positions Motorola for this sort of nickle-and-diming).

FYI, they're passing the hat at XDA to hire a developer to port the Motoroi ROM to XT720 devices in other regions.

lubimaer
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 56

Hi everyone,

This message just to state that we are still with no bugfixes 35 days after bugs list submission.

(OK we had Christmas holidays in between, so let's be nice for this time and let's see what happens in the next month)

I will post a monthly reminder like this to MOTOROLA since I'll be a Motorola Owner.

Thanks

Marco

pms94
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 56

SIGNED!!!

pms94
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 56

Atleast give us something to move apps from internal memory to sd card.. thats the biggest issue of 2.1

spiderx_mm
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 56

man, being not able to move apps to SD card in 2.1 is not Moto's issue. it's Google's issue. Try to do some more research. there're a lot of optimizer scripts and apps that will able you to push apps to SD card.

lawrencehwlau
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 56

man, Google has been responsed with Android 2.2 for "apps2sd". It is Motorola's issue not allow us to upgrade our phone to Android 2.2.