thats why i mentioned having the option to do it for those that want to

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Views: 247
Message 222 of 239

Re: Froyo on the US XT720 ?

I'm a bit shocked, and still quite confused at the announcement below:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=495971028278

(It's Motorola's facebook page by the way)

What does this mean exactly?  Are we going to get what we want?

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 223 of 239

No, that apology is regarding something else.

Basically they are looking into it, but don't get your hopes up for the near

future.

Seяvвот χ

Powered by Motorola.

On Jan 21, 2011 9:23 AM, "updatemyfivehundreddollarphone" <

mrmako777
What's DOS?
Message 224 of 239

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 225 of 239

Well they need to clarify this because I am about two weeks away from 'going somewhere else'.  If they decide to loosen the policy and allow custom roms, then I would consider buying motorola again.  Keyword is consider.

This whole upgrade crap is a p.r. crisis.

rlmilton
What's DOS?
Message 226 of 239

Wow... what a way to treat customers. Very adversarial indeed... And very revealing!  The comment reveals the truth that we all expected: Motorola has disdain for customers concerned with this issue; and at best cares ONLY about their bottom line in the near future.(or the mysterious "business decisions" that direct these antagonistic sop's)  Too much evidence to come to another conclusion. I hope Engadget picks up on this...

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 227 of 239

It's widely known that Motorola has long delays in upgrades.  HTC is better, but still do not upgrade some of their phones, and Samsung is the worst, at least in North America. 

Hopefully, the frustration of the consumer base will eventually do away with this no upgrade b.s.  The whole notion that you have to buy a new phone to get new features or even a functioning phone is ridiculous and is not likely to last forever.  I realize that some people would call our phone a 'Starter' phone, but it did at one point cost almost $600 retail at CBW.  That's a much as a phone that can be customized and one that will get upgraded. 

Google needs to take over the update part, or at least force some minimums.  I could care less about a custom UI; I'd rather have longevity in a product.  At the very least, they need to require a method for unlocking boot-loader and rooting the phone like they did on the Nexus 1 and S.

It is less about the phone, but more about the carrier.  I doubt Motorola cares about a regional carrier as much as Verizon Wireless, despite the fact that CBW does have an unbeatable unlimited data plan. 

spidersaiyan
What's DOS?
Message 228 of 239

Well, I waited for this so-called "promised update" as long as I could...I was under the trial period with my provider, and just returned the phone. I went and got an unlocked Nexus One for the same amount or money, and it works perfectly! I'm already on 2.2, and should be getting 2.3 sometime Q1! Much as I adore my new phone, I really wanted to have a chance to have the XT720 working the way it should have always worked...I really think that that phone had some great potential, which makes it so sad that it was pushed onto the market with so many bugs!

While I don't have to worry about these issues anymore, I sincerly hope that all you XT720 owners out there get your voices heard, and recieve the update as soon as possible! I know what it was like to have to deal with these annoying bugs and issues, and until they're fixed, you can't help but feel like you were cheated out of a small fortune! Good luck, and keep fighting!

Highlighted
allgamer
What's DOS?
Message 229 of 239

☆☆☆Modding information removed. Please review the house rules on posting appropriately.☆☆☆

Message was edited by: ѕзгνвοτ χ

c_urbanek
What's DOS?
Message 230 of 239

loaded 2.2 on my xt720 this morning!  what a beast!  The phone works fantastic!   Mark, your company's support is an embarrassment.