Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alX294
What's DOS?
Views: 412
Message 31 of 239

Re: Froyo on the US XT720 ?

The fact of the matter is that Cincinnati Bell really knows nothing about any of the phones they carry. Well, some do, but only the more technologically inclined. I had to replace my XT720 just yesterday because I was having several problems with it. I ran some benchmarks and my processor actually clocked at 1.3GHz. I was shocked considering I wasn't using Milestone Overclock, I didn't even bother rooting it. I told the store employee of my problem, and thats why the battery was dying so quickly and my phone constantly overheated. She said "Well, do you know what a task killer is?" I wanted to scream. I finally pushed until I spoke with someone who actually knows something, and he then replaced it on the spot. Back to the main point though, They know nothing of Froyo, the man I spoke with said that Because Motorola won't even acknowledge the phones existance in the U.S, they will give us no answer to the question. He did say what I posted a little while ago though, that the Motoroi is scheduled to get Froyo, and that we should soon follow after them, the problem is that the Motoroi isn't supposed to get Froyo until late Q4/early Q1. Until then, we will have to live with LauncherPro and Milestone Overclock. Patience is a virtue my friends.

cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 239

Try not to be too hard on the Cincinti bell store clerks. They are just basic sales people who are trained on the plans and the billing software, Not the technology. They tend to give folks like us a bad taste because they miss speak a single technical answer. Expect to see 2.2 sooner than later..

mcnutt_eric
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 239

Cincinnati bell reps dont know much at all. Theve beel tellin me since the phone came out they were gettin otter box cases for this phone but still no case. Idk im prolly jus gonna buy an unlocked verson of the motoroi x and sell this since its going no where. Nexus one is about to get 2.3 and we r yet to see 2.2. Its crap.

cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 239

I got my Otterbox case over a week ago at the Cincinnati Bell Store in Sprindale. I have seen 2.2 on a cincinnati bell employee's phone. Keep the faith. It's coming sooner than later. believe me I want it too!!!

mcnutt_eric
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 239

Yea i noticed they got em after i posted that. I called up there every 2 weeks and try kept tellin me next week and i left my number with ar least 4 did people to call me when they came in. Argh not very customer friendly if u ask me. How do the employees get 2.2 before paying customers. CRAP

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 36 of 239

The site has been updated. However the XT720 for the US has not been added to the list. I've asked about it and hopefully it will be added to the list next time there are updates.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 239

Canada

XT720Will remain on Android 2.1
Europe, Middle East and Africa
XT720 (EMEA)Will remain on Android 2.1

I couldn't be more disappointed!! Time to start shopping...

mcnutt_eric
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 239

Wow that's --profanity removed.--. If Europe and Canada arnt getting 2.2 neither are we. Time to sell the phone and move to HTC since they care about there customers. --comment removed--

--Profanity removed. This is a family site. If you can't follow the that you agreed to upon joining this site you won't be allowed here.

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 239

You know I was so excited to get my first Motorola phone. Ive been a Samsung ,HTC or Blackberry owner for years, now I realize why...

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 239

Pls put the XT720 for the ASIA PACIFIC region on the update list too!!!!!!Thnx.........