Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Views: 351
Message 51 of 239

Re: Froyo on the US XT720 ?

Mark (Forums Manager) who are you and why do you interfear with our discussion? what is your purpose? we are all adults so whats your deal?

alX294
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 239

Guys come on now have a little faith, Cincinnati Bell has come a long way, and Mark has some very good points, The Korean Motoroi is the same as the XT720, and it is being tested with Froyo. Along with the example of the Cliq and DEXT, The US Backflip, Cliq, Cliq XT, and one other phone I believe, will recieved 2.1, while other country versions of this phone did not. Until the US XT720 is added to the update schedule be patient.

@mcnutt.eric, you don't need a ROM, as XDA developers have already found a way to install XT720 firmware from other countries, to the US XT720. This goes to ANYONE with an XT720, if the Motoroi gets Froyo, we will too. If not, I totally agree, I'm done with Motorola, Even if I switch to Verizon, which is somewhat likely at this point based on the customer service I recieve, this incident may prevent me from even buying a Moto Droid. I'm going with the HTC Merge.

Sorry Moto, but this is ridiculous.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 53 of 239

@cdrom1028

I'm one of two community managers. 50% responsible for this community even existing. I was informing the community of the status update. Amongst my roles is keeping this site civil. It can't be assumed that everyone on this site is an adult. If you wouldn't say it to your Grandmother, it probably shouldn't be shared here.  For every 1 person asking why I am interfering there are 9 asking where I am. I think you're outnumbered on this one. I'm sticking around.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
mcnutt_eric
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 239

The only reason people are asking where you are is to get some answers. Motorola obviously doesn't give a crap about this phone since it can't be found on there website or even give news about 2.2. Why would they go through the trouble of updating the list and leaving the US out. I'm fed up with Motorola. I've had numerous Motorola phones and my favorite one they are going to let me down. They made all the hype about the xenon flash, for what. Just to get people to buy the phone and then just forget about. Come on. Waste of money. Shoulda got an iPhone.

alX294
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 239

bro, mcnutt, chill. Its not like Mark can do anything about this. If you wanna complain and trash talk then do it somewhere else. These forums are for support and discussion, not for what you've turned this into. Yeah, Moto is kinda leaving us in the dark here, but nokia did the same thing with the Cincy bell 5800. The phone got update a full year before I even found out. Patience is a virtue, and speaking of adults, I'm only 16. Grow up. If you want an iPhone, get one. Don't take it out on Mark or anyone else on the forum. If you want froyo, or even gingerbread, go get a nexus one.

darren_soh86
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 239

Mark we are sorry you have to be here to take the flame for motorola, but since moto only know how to accept payment and doesnt know how to deliver, i think we should probably publicize it to the world. i guess we'll wait till moto "release" their so-called "who knows when" updates on the US and Asian model before we confirmed this fact.

well done motorola.

What's DOS?
Message 57 of 239

moto  什么时候给我们 XT701 升级 Froyo2.2 ??

MOTO 你是这样做的?

我不会在信你了

这是我的第一台MOTO手机,也会是最后一台,

MOTO你以后不要来中国了

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 239

Mark, I'm sorry you have to put up with the juvenile behavior on the board. I've been lurking and following this and I want to say that I really appreciate you updating us when you can. It's nice to get some acknowledgement that someone at Motorola even knows this phone exists in the US.

You may not fully understand how extremely frustrating it is to be a US XT720 owner. My first experience with the phone was excitement to get a smartphone running android 2 and playing around with it (my first smartphone--I've come from an ancient Nokia brick). But then I had some questions about how to do this or that (basically the phone crashed with the screen on and I wasn't sure how to remove the battery to force a reboot) and noticed the phone came with absolutely no documentation. No problem I thought, it'll be on the Motorola website. So I visited the Motorola site and could find absolutely no information at all about the phone, save a single ancient PR release. No problem, it's a new phone, I can wait. I found a copy of the Nexus One manual and that's been fine.

But it's dawning on me that basically Cincinnati Bell gets the scraps and we're an extremely small account for Motorola.  Motorola doesn't care, I know, because I'm the schmuck that's already paid for the phone. In a few years when I'm ready for an upgrade I'm hoping these devices will be more open. Maybe Motorola will be better then, maybe not. Based on following forums I probably should have gotten a Nexus.

I do love the phone though. And my wife will be getting one for Christmas.

Basically because XT720 is currently the only choice for Cincinnati Bell. So, I'm happy to get 50% responsibility from a Support Forums Manager. I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, to other XT720 users, I bit the bullet and installed the froyo JIT and apps2sd because I'm skeptical we'll ever see anything from Motorola. I recommend it.

It's not Mark's fault.

JohnLamar
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 239

Send me a pm on how to get apps2sd going? Or a link rather? I haven't found

a solution yet.

(Warning; sent from my phone!)

On Nov 24, 2010 2:36 PM, "cincyfan" <

dannywii
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 239

Here are two things about this phone:

1. Very limited internal storage for application

2. Poor camera and system perfomance

So this phone will require future update for this phone to actually become what Motorola advertised this phone as...

Unfortunately there will be no future update about this phone because it's now 4 months old and in Motorola this what they called end of product life cycle and there will be no further support given to this phone.

Based on this situation here I've reached a conclustion...we, all, customer of Motorola have been ripped off...

We spent money to SUPPORT Motorola product and they aren't willing to SUPPORT product we bought

Because, we, customer means nothing to Motorola, all they care about is take the money and leave (Very smart strategy, and this is the way to make money...maybe in short term)

I think the only solution here is buy another phone anything else other than Motorola...I think even Huawei can provide better SUPPORT than Motorola