Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Views: 308
Message 71 of 239

Re: Froyo on the US XT720 ?

@mightyjackstar:

Personally, I've never seen the XT720 acknowledged anywhere on the motorola site as existing in the US. Consequently, I am skeptical you ever saw a Q1 2011 for US anywhere. The Korean MOTOROI (different name/same phone) is still listed as Q4.

In any case, at this point there is absolutely nothing on the motorola website that contradicts what you think you read. Clearly at the time you purchased the phone you had no problem waiting until the end of Q1 2011.

mightyjackstar
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 239

Whatever...I grew up knowing Motorola was ..... and I let my guard down long enough for them to prove it.  When Q1 rolls around I invite any and all to contact me and we'll find a good attorney.

• Edited by forums manager. Please make your points without including personal attacks on the views of others or profanity, per our site rules.
alX294
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 239

Dang go cincyfan lol

and im pretty sure if anyone else saw Q1 of 2011, a lot more people would know about it, and what could your work possibly invlolve using flash for? If you really needed it for work you would have gotten a Nexus One.

alX294
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 239

• Edited by forums manager. Please make your points without including personal attacks on the views of others, per our site rules.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 75 of 239

Both of you calm down before I turn this car around.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile.

On Dec 1, 2010 2:23 PM, "alX294" <

cdrom1028
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 239

I feel like Motorola has sold a solid product at a fair price. I would also state that Motorola alienates portions of the user base who are invested in the smaller product lines as their priorities don’t always align with are needs.I hope they can find away to help us feel appreciated as customers.

just my humble opinion.....

PS: mark, thanks for your efforts in our behalf..

• Edited by forums manager. Please do not promote non-standard software on this site, per our site rules.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

mightyjackstar
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 239

Oh, I have rooted and beefed up my phone as well cause I had too, but I shouldn't have too.  And it still won't get me Flash.  I'm running my phone at 800MHz for stability reasons, but Apps2SD is nice.  And I can tether  which makes it nice so I can use my laptop since I don't have Flash on my phone (see a pattern here MarK?).

I have had two HTC phones, and I tested the HTC Nexus One, but I thought 'hey, the 8 MP camera would be great, and it's SUPPOSED to get Froyo, I'll be ok waiting it out'.  Stoooooopid me.

Live and learn I guess.  If I can get my money back or sell this POS I'll go buy the new HTC G2.  Or maybe I'll just give this motocrap to some homeless person, it's worth about that much.  Hey, any of you fanboys need a toy phone to play with?

goleaf
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 239

Yes, me too. I imported the Singapore version just because I wanted the best phone at the time.

I thought Motorola was considered a company that could be trusted to live up to their obligations. Apparently not.

The hype popogated by their sales division about this phone getting flash & Froyo sold me n it but it doesn't look

like they will materialize.

As others have stated, I too will never buy another Motorola product as long as I live & anytime anyone mentions cell

phones I will encourage them to avoid Motorola. A friend works as a sales rep in a large electronics store in the

phone sales department & has now only sold 2 low end Motorola phones out of over 165 sales in the last month as

he too bought an XT720.

The encouragement of myself & others in Canada for WIND mobile to get this phone

must now turn to a new phase. Now we have to harass our carrier to drop this & all other Motorola products

if the promised upgrade is not forthcoming. ALL carriers that use this phone should receive the same treatment.

Petitions are ok but don't hurt much economically. We should also consider a boycott of this site & move all

discussion over to Toms Hardware so the world can better see our pain {if spending $650 on a paperweight

isn't pain, I don't know what is).

I am seriously considering taking my phone up about 100 feet in one of my bestbuds $10k remote control helicopters

& dropping this paperweight while recording the action for Youtube. Wonder how many millions of hits I will generate?

First I will need a new phone, now......Samsung, HTC or Backberry, decisions, deisions.

goleaf
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 239

I agree. Moto should pay us for returned phones now, not lawyers for the class action lawsuit & phones later.

mrmako777
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 239

common sense dictates that being an ass about the situation wont help get us the desired result. mark is a forums manager, not the one who calls the shots on who gets what. if you dont like the phone, sell it and be done with it. word has it cincy bell has been testing it on their phones, which is presumably a good sign. it doesnt seem reasonable that motorola would dick over certain xt720's and not others without good reason, knowing the uproar it may cause. maybe there are hardware conflicts? maybe some other stuff behind the scenes, but who knows? maybe its all a conspiracy to screw you over? like someone else said, if the motoroi is getting it, more than likely the us will get it too, seeing that they are identical phones. we'll just have to wait and see...keep your fingers crossed