Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmc1
What's DOS?
Views: 666
Message 1 of 11

How can I delete QuickOffice?

Am I missing something, or is either CinBell or Motorola preventing it from being deleted. I critically need space, and since QO doesn't really do anything, I'd like to remove it. Thanks!

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 11

Re: How can I delete QuickOffice?

Without rooting the device and voiding the warranty, this is not possible.

ѕзгνвοτ χ

рошегеd вџ мοτοвιυг™

On Feb 5, 2011 3:20 PM, "mcmc" <

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

Well in all honesty, you might as well void the warranty since it is not getting the upgrade anyway.  On some phones, removing the protected apps (like QO) won't allow you to receive over the air updates/upgrades.  However, seeing that we won't ever see an upgrade...

Do complain to Cincinnati Bell.  They might start carrying good phones..

lawrencehwlau
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 11

It is so ridicous that we cannot remove the useless QuickOffice.

I would like to know why?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 11

Because applications that are installed by the vendor become part of the ROM and are in the read-only area of the Operating system. This is true of every manufacturer.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 11

Even if you were to root your phone and remove it, it won't free any working memory--the vendor-provided apps are stored in /system/app which is not available for use as /data or /cache.

(*technically it will free a small negligible amount of memory in list of installed applications and media handler hooks but its nowhere near as much memory as you hope)

mrmako777
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11

"Even if you were to root your phone and remove it, it won't free any  working memory--the vendor-provided apps are stored in /system/app which  is not available for use as /data or /cache"

this is not entirely true. if you havent moved the dalvik cache to the sd, then you will get some space back by removing the app and rebooting, which should remove the file from the dalvik cache. if it doesnt you can use titanium backup to clean the dalvik and get that space back

allgamer
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

it's very easy to uninstall quick office

just install busybox, superuser, and root your phone

then use Titanium Backup

and select uninstall

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 11

Quick office does give you the ability to view PPT, Doc, PDF, etc. - without it, you can't open most attachments - i find it very useful.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
teh3rdstring
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11

Everybody uses their phone differently & it would nice if thier wass a way to get rid of apps that I don't use without voiding my waranty. Bieng stuck on Eclair every KB counts & if I could gain afew by removing the apps I don't use I should be able to.

JM2C