Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webking1
What's DOS?
Views: 224
Message 1 of 25

How do I get a refund? I'm SUING!

Hi all,

I bought my phone XT720 at http://www.popularelect.com/ . These guys don't want the phone back after I heard the news that XT720 will remain 2.1. I called Motorola customer service and they said there is nothing they can do about it. The seller said there is nothing they can do about it. So basically I am screwed and very upset. Now, I m filling a complaint thru BBB as well as to the Small Claim Court to get my full money back.

Do you have any other advise?

Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 25

Re: How do I get a refund? I'm SUING!

I understand that you are unhappy, but i fail to see the logic. There was no guarantee that your phone would get an update, so what is the basis of your complaint?

TVs have software - if your TV doesn't get an update would you sue the TV Maker? Or the place you bought it?

There are plenty of phones that never updated past 1.6.

My advice is not to buy a product in hopes it will get updates. Buy a product that does what you want the day you buy it and be happy with it.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 25

Thats not what consumers and customers expect nowadays (The mentality above where Motorola is telling the customer to NOT expect updates and upgrades for the phone will backfire, Motorola will be feeling this financially where it hurts and thats what counts.  I feel by the time they realize this it will be too late, they will be in the RED)

Coming from an iPhone I expect updates and upgrades to be released for the life of the product (at least 2 years).  Smartphones/Superphones are not featurephones but it seems Motorola wants to sell them as such.  Well fine, I will buy from a real smartphone manufacturer in the future! Thanks for making my decision so EASY!  By stating the above you are basically telling us to buy elsewhere and thats exactly what I'm going to do.  Vote with my dollars.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 25

You definitely should vote with your dollars - but there is no manufacturer that guarantees updgrades or updates. Even Apple drops updates for products when it suits them.

And my advice is not just for phones - all products get updates today, but no one guarantees them - so buy something that has the features you need today, not what might come.

Hope is not a strategy.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 25

@AlphaDog: "all products get updates today, but no one guarantees them"

There are multitudes of products sold with explicit upgrade and update guarantees.

*Removed part of post.  Please refrain from personal attacks or name calling per House Rules*

Message was edited by: batmania15

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 25

I guess I should learn that Dolphins take words as exact statements.... i guess i should not have said "no one" - I guess someone does.

But please enlighten me - what phone manufacturers guarantee updates? TV manufacturers? I don't remember  a single product i have bought that came with anything in the docs that claimed "you are now guaranteed updates".

If you are going to be snide, at least provide something to back up your attitude.

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 25

An extensive 2 second stroll to google yields:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Press-Room/Home-Entertainment/Pioneer+Electronics'+Commitment...

*Removed part of post.  Personal attacks and name calling will not be tolerated.  Please refer to House Rules*

Message was edited by: batmania15

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 25

Again with the insults.... but your character speaks for itself.

Anyway - you showed a press release not the text of a warranty. And last i checked DVD players haven't changed much in 15 years - I could guarantee that your toaster oven gets free updates too.

I won't try harder to explain the main point of my post... you only understand dolphin.

hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 25

@Alphadog,

I'm sorry but to customers, the ones you should be treating well, you are wrong.

Updates are always implied to any product you buy regardless if its a car (ie. recalls etc), or Computers (firmware bios updates), or Operating Systems (service packs/patches).  With smartphones becoming more and more capable like computers, especially the demand for frequent, updates/upgrades is also implied.

The sooner Motorola and other various manufacturers understand this the more marketshare/better the relationship they will build with their customers/clients.  Unfortunately It seems you and Motorola have dropped the ball in understanding this so too bad for you guys as Motorola will have a tough tough future ahead of them.  The future is dim @ Motorola. 

hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 25

@Alphadog

if this is your attitude towards customers you should be treating well (what ever happened to the customer is always right?), it is a sad sad day/time for Motorola...