Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 11 of 25

Re: How do I get a refund? I'm SUING!

I think the problem is that there is no reason, aside from the monetary aspect, not to update a phone that came out after the new operating system was released. 

We get your logic, no one guarantees updates.  Does that make it right though?  $550 dollars spent only to find out that after three months, it will not be getting an upgrade?  It's not right, considering the fact that we cannot upgrade it ourselves either thanks to a locked bootloader.  It's very unethical considering the strategy they are employing.

Look at the lifecycle of the HTC G1.  The phone was released on Android 1.0, and it is possible to load a stable version of 2.2 and an unstable/unfinished version of 2.3 on it.  That is longevity, and that is a phone that is worth the money. 

Besides, you cannot compare a toaster and a phone together.  What you should compare is a COMPUTER, either mac of windows, with these phones.  Imagine if you bought a brand-new laptop, only to find out that for some stupid reason, you can't put the newest window's update, or operating system on it.  You would be mad, because your definition of a 'phone that suits your needs' will change as technology changes.  A phone should be able to adapt, just in the vein as everything around it is going to change a well. 

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 25

@AlphaDog: You're the one that compared phones to TVs and now you're waffling about whether a DVD player is relevant? It's not like android releases are unannounced.

HP would catch hell if they released a printer after Windows 7 had been released to OEMs, sold the printer as Windows compatible and then turned around decided it would not ensure Windows 7 compatibility not due to an actual technical incompatibility but for "business reasons". We're talking about a phone that was released after 2.2 had been released and that was abandoned less than 6 months after launch.

If Motorola doesn't want to play the Android game, fine, remove market access and never mention Android in your marketing. I would fully support Google if they decided to cut off your access to the Android trademark if you continue this bullshit and continue to damage their property.

lawrencehwlau
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 25

@AlphaDog

1. It means motorola's latest Android phone is the same as 10-15 years ago mobile phone. Once it is release, don't expect there are any upgrade/update.

2. With bare minimial common sense, no one will compare a ***SMART*** phone with a TV.

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 25

AlphaDog is a customer of Motorola just like us.  I'm sure that he/she is well aware that the company has a horrible upgrade track record.  So leave him alone, he was just trying to help.  No reason for personal attacks.  After all, he is ultimately right.  We are not getting an upgrade because that is how this business works.  Yes it's a problem, yes things should be different, but they won't be as long as we choose the products that we choose.  Sure we might have been promised things falsely, but ultimately we chose a subsidized/cheaper phone over a Nexus. 

I mean really, we are all in this together.  Unity not divisions right?  We are a small market share... like one termite in a forest the size of the milk way galaxy.  Believe me, I'm mad as hell about it.  That's why I joined xda. 

Thankfully this an open market with competition.. we get better choices all the time that hopefully in theory will led to lower prices and higher baseline qualities.  We have to learn these lessons now so we can make a better decision down the road.  This is not our last phone... but it will most likely be the last time we venture into Motorola's line of phones.  Get it?

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 25

@updatemyfivehundreddollarphone

See his posts in the Cliq XT support forums.

*Removed part of post.  Please refrain from any personal attacks or name calling per House Rules*

Message was edited by: batmania15

MrNoSox
Broadband 3G
Message 16 of 25

"AlphaDog is a customer of Motorola just like us.  I'm sure that he/she is well aware that the company has a horrible upgrade track record.  So leave him alone, he was just trying to help. "

This is what some folks seem to forget in this forum so let me try to clear this up yet again. Xprts are NOT employees of Motorola and while we do want and try to be cordial to users on this forum we are in no way obligated to adhere to any kind of "customer is always right" mentality. This is a support forum for people who are having problems operating their Motorola phones and Xprts, as VOLUNTEERS, attempt to help based on our knowledge of the products. We DO NOT represent Motorola, we are users and CUSTOMERS just like you. When our phones don't get upgrades, we get pissy too.

Also, lets look at the difference between an UPDATE and and UPGRADE (yet again). Will the XT720 get UPDATES? Answer: Probably. when the phone has a bug, security problem that's found or anything that requires an update, I am positive that Motorola will patch it.

Boys and girls, and update and an upgrade are very different. People do expect updates. I.E. service packs, patches, etc. Though, I would never purchase a product in hopes that the manufacturer will UPGRADE it. You'll be let down 99% of the time.

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 25

It's true that MotoXprts are not speaking an any official capacity as representatives of Motorola Mobility, but is it actually true that MotoXprts cannot be employees? I doubt it.

MrNoSox
Broadband 3G
Message 18 of 25

You will not find one Xprt here that is an employee. We are all volunteers. Any Motorola employee on this forum has a little line under their name that says "Employee". Also, they have different badges than Xprts.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 19 of 25

Yes.

Instead of MOTOXPRT they would have Motorola logo instead.

None of the MOTOXPRTs work for Motorola.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM, cincyfan <

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 25

Hurr, durr. Obviously. But does that mean that employees are not allowed to be MotoXprt's when not at work? You verify non-Motorola employment of all MotoXprts?