Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Views: 111
Message 1 of 4

How to reattach USB cover?

My USB cover recently came loose and fell off. At first I thought it was broken, but looking closer it seems that the black stem going into the phone and the blue cover itself are separate pieces that interface (perhaps they were welded/glued?).

I've tried simply pressing the pieces together without luck so far. It doesn't hold so either they don't just snap together or perhaps I'm not pressing hard enough.

The cover itself seems to be hard plastic and the stem seems to be a soft plastic/rubber.

Is super-glue the answer? Other suggestions?

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to reattach USB cover?

I will suggest u to sent it to the motofail workshop, dun waste ur precious time meddling with it. It cost me 8 sing dollars in singapore. Hope it helps Smiley Happy

cincyfan1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

No!! That's not the hacker way! Where's the duct tape!!!!

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Mine broke too- the bad part is that my Otterbox Commuter case doesn't cover the usb port either.  What I did was simply push it back in.  While IT DOES NOT STAY IN permanently, it will stay in place until you pull it back out.  Basically the only thing you are missing is the swivel part that keeps the cover on the phone when it is pulled out of the port. 

You could glue it, but you risk stuff getting in the usb port, which isn't really acceptable.  My advice is to just push it back in, and make sure you keep track of it when you take it off to charge/debug your phone.  It's worked for me for the past two months.