cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gord_engstrom
What's DOS?
Views: 234
Message 1 of 2

Is any one else up for a class action suit regarding the lack of upgrades for the XT720?

I believe that Motorola has failed in it's duty to reveal that these expensive phones would not be upgraded prior to purchase. I would further petition Google to remove Motorola from approved Android vendors for creating a huge number of consumers that will never buy another Android phone or tablet based on the customer treatment by Motorola. The explination that the phone cannot handle the upgrade has been shown to be a lie based on Cincinnati Bell's release of Froyo to their customers. Motorola has already promised upgrades to all basic Milestone customers but not for the more expensive XT720 customers as per the attached Motorola document

shiften
What's DOS?
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is any one else up for a class action suit regarding the lack of upgrades for the XT720?

Ya, it sucks that Motorola has no interest in supporting existing devices, only selling new devices.  For that reason, I have no intention of buying a Motorola anything in the future. 

I've even canceled my current contract and moved to Sprint and the Nexus S, because I know it will be updated, and if not updated, unlockable for custom ROMs.

I'm not interested in suing anyone though.  I'm really only out a couple $100.  Ya I would like to have that money back, but really, don't the Lawyers get most of it?