Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vesko321
What's DOS?
Views: 461
Message 41 of 97

Re: PETITION TO PUT U.S. XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE

SIGNED

It is hard to believe Motorola Milestone XT720 was just thrown to us, the stupid believers, to spend our money and nerves for it ... abandoned, without OS updates, no Froyo, no Gingerbread ... Motorola - don't lie to your customers because you will be able to do so once for a lifetime ... You definitely are loosing me as a customer ... hurry up and give us OS update while you still have time. You competitors are waiting ... HTC

vesko321
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 97

Please join the Facebook group "PETITION TO UPGRADE XT720 TO 2.2 Froyo OR HIGHER"

XT720.png

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_177335725623603

teh3rdstring
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 97

I'm still in my 30 day window & am hoping for more official information to be posted. If I don't hear anyting before my time is up I'm seriously considering returning the phone. Please Motorola could you at least acknowledge the existance of the US XT720 on the update schedule?!

dimon1
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 97

SIGNED

This phones deserves 2.2 update. It is a shame that even cheap LG android phones come with 2.2, I am not even talking about cheapo T-Mobile Comet.

If you are dropping support for this phone -  give us at least an unlocked bootloader, so we can put some decent cutom ROMs on it - that is not too much to ask

yurtesen
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 97

Well, it seems like you solved your own problem. Buying a cheap phone from a manufacturer which is capable of providing proper software upgrades is probably easier than getting Motorola to acknowledge what customers need eh?

Lets have the christmas spirit and let everybody know that this phone is a bad christmas gift. (and I wouldnt recommend buying it as a christmas gift to anybody, unless if you can take the risk that the recipient loses his mind when dealing with Motorola )

ttcool
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 97

its not about 2.2 froyo , moto  should be supportive for their customers , 2.2 is getting old and we couldnt have that .at least we couldnt test froyo on our xt720 .its not FAIR .so give us the android 2.3 becuase xt720 has dealing with many problems . 

1-there is no moto blure

2- doesn support flash player (serious problem on using the internet)

3- real limitation for installing the apps and games (internal memory is 128 mb)

4- running slow

5- video capturing is realy awful

ashwinjain
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 97

Signed

rizgud
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 97

i was thinking to buy a droid 2 global but not now cause of motorola made all xt720.701 users upset and who knows if tomorrow droid 2 global users also send pettions like it so have no trust on motorola any more

agreed and signed

please update my and all xt720 and 701 with 2.2 and its your duty

JohnLamar
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 97

I must get 10 emails a day from this thread and the non-US thread, and it does nothing but infuriate me. This is absolutely ridiculous. First; Cincinnati Bell listed the specs on their website all wrong - they said the phone had 512MB of RAM, and listed the internal memory higher than 128MB (though I can't quote a number, I think it said 256 or more). On top of that this whole upgrade debacle is taking advantage of those who purchased the phone on the spot (in a store) or those who didn't know to use Google-fu or be an Android expert before buying. I'm a computer savvy guy, but I came from the iPhone world. When I saw their specs online I surely never though to check to see if Motorola would abandon this phone in such a way.

Forget even the software upgrade, the phone is simply broken without some software fixes. You can hardly take photos, even with a Class 6 SD card (top of the line, Transcend!) there is anywhere from a 10 to 30 second delay. Typically your subject has walked out of the shot! Clearly, it's broken. Video recording? Hope you don't mind your phone rebooting when you stop recording - this happens 50% of the time for me (and the SD card is properly formatted, so Moto has no excuse there). So I have an 8MP, Xenon flash equipped web browser. You can't really install apps (filled in 40 minutes of buying, forget the FREE Angry Birds copy in the Marketplace), you can't take pictures - you can call people, sure, but a free Nokia from 1998 will do that. I think I saw one at Goodwill.

It's not about getting Flash, I hate Flash, I hoped no one used it. I don't want a new UI or to brag to friends, I want the phone to work as intended. It makes me rage when I check my email and due to the reply notifications I see a Cincinnati Bell ad showing this off (gmail). It's not worth the price, even free. The whole deal is a sham. Moto doesn't care, Cincinnati Bell knows this (they leaked the no-upgrade statement), and they are still promoting this phone. This is such a dishonest practice - and I'm going to go to great lengths to stop it. I have been hanging out in various Cincinnati Bell stores and showing my phone to people browsing, sent a few to AT&T for a Galaxy S - though I hate AT&T. All it takes to turn someone off on the phone is to show the performance when taking photos - in one week I sent 15 people packing from 4 locations. I will continue this until they threaten to arrest me for being in the store. Even then, because I have a lot of time on my hands, I may just pick up a sign and protest outside the store.

I have also a canned review that I'm preparing to post on every blog who has mentioned this or retailer who allows reviews. At this point I'm giving up on this phone and I don't want anyone to make the same mistake. I'm tired of holding on, I'm so sick that I bought into the speculation earlier that an upgrade would come or that things might get better. So much was posted here that made it seem like we had a chance, but we don't. The phone is a rip off, and if I had the money I think I'd be talking to a lawyer over the statements that Cincinnati Bell made about the phone and possibly Moto. Though, I have to admit, I see Moto as having less to do with the problem than Cincinnati Bell. Motorola isn't selling the phone, they aren't making the claims, they aren't buying ad space to promote it - it's my local phone company that's doing all that, and it surely needs to stop. I don't know how I can make this more clear, we've been ripped off. Again, it's not about Flash or features we wish it had when we knew it didn't - it's about the fact that the phone is flawed and it seems to be software related (the Froyo JIT on this phone is a major improvement based on benchmarks - it tests higher than other phones).

And you know what, hacking it isn't an option. Using the Korean ROM isn't a solution. The people who made and sold this phone should be fixing it, not me. I want real support, the support that I paid for.

SIGNED AGAIN, I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE

mcmc1
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 97

I wonder if it's possible that Mot duped CBW into taking the phone? Clearly, 128Meg is not sufficient for minmal functionality without the ability to load apps onto the SD card. So a simple upgrade to 2.2 would deal with the crippling aspects of the device. So I wonder what the holdup is? Although I must say that the complete lack of Mot participation on a forum hosted on their own site is bewildering. Regardless of the CBW role in the debacle, Mot is failing to meet minimum standards as a device manufacturer. Aren't they embarrassed? Can't they view the upgrade to 2.2 as an exercise for their developers, if nothing else? That's assuming they don't care for their customers, which those in this forum are pretty much assuming at this point. Maybe a relatively painless root is just around the corner. We can hope.