Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emolinam
What's DOS?
Views: 401
Message 51 of 97

Re: PETITION TO PUT U.S. XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE

I'm also looking to have this upgrade on my phone. I'm tired of having the "low space" message on my phone. Today I have 15MB free but I couldn't receive email or SMS messages. This is crazy... does anyone know about the 2.2 or any other upgrade so I can save my apps to the 16GB SD card I bought for it??

mrmako777
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 97

were not supposed to give links or tutorials about hacking the phone, but i will say, ive done it to my phone and now im ok (in some respect) with it. google apps2sd xt720. i have jit, apps2sd and milestone overclock installed and its like a whole new phone. i also have about 70 apps installed and still have about 45 mbs left on internal memory. have fun

emolinam
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 97

Mrmako777, can you email me directly how to use Apps2SD? I'm reading that not everyone recommends to running. Do I have to root the phone?

teh3rdstring
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 97

mrmako777 wrote:

were not supposed to give links or tutorials about hacking the phone, but i will say, ive done it to my phone and now im ok (in some respect) with it. google apps2sd xt720. i have jit, apps2sd and milestone overclock installed and its like a whole new phone. i also have about 70 apps installed and still have about 45 mbs left on internal memory. have fun

+1.  While it doesn't make up for the shoddy treatment that Motorola is providing it's customers this fix has at least made the phone more usable. That being said I too think it's unconscionable for Motorola to effectively drop support & hope that they rethink there seemingly short sighted decision.

JM2C

emolinam
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 97

I'm glad I joined this forum, can someone please point me in the right direction for this apps2sd app?

JohnLamar
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 97

Hacking the phone is a mistake. They can decide later that they won't support you if the battery explodes - and this is not something we should be risking our phones to fix. This is something that should be officially fixed.

By the way, I've also been emailing Google over this with some canned replies that they will be looking into it later.

Also, whenever you remove an app that you installed from the marketplace - please select "need space" or whatever the option is. Maybe this will send the message to Google that they need to pressure Motorola. Because honestly, this is hurting them too. I'd love to purchase a few apps out there, but I can't risk the space issues. I'd rather just stick to free apps so when I have to make a choice on one or the other I'm not losing money.

Point is, this is hurting Google, us, and app developers. It doesn't hurt Motorola, just yet, and it seems to be the biggest money maker for Cincinnati Bell right now. Which, my bill is due, and I'll be having a nice long conversation with their management over the lack of abilities on this phone and how I feel tricked into a 2-year contract.

vesko321
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 97

Motorola has a shoddy and incompetent CEO - isn't it clear for all of you? He will ruine the company! Not the brilliant engineers working there!

vesko321
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 97

Motorola has a shoddy and incompetent CEO - isn't it clear for all of you? He will ruine the company! Not the brilliant engineers working there!

spidersaiyan
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 97

SIGNED!

I'm from Canada, and just switched to WIND...Got this phone 4 days ago, but these issues are driving me up the wall! Please update the phone...We need it!

hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 97

I am in canada using the XT720 on Wind Mobile and I want to have Froyo on my phone as well to address the speed issues, camera crashing/os reliability issues and to be able to have programs copied to the sd (app2sd) functionality!

Signed!