cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hixatchi
What's DOS?
Views: 140
Message 1 of 6

Sony is officially unlocking bootloaders, Motorola still does not have a solution even after talking

Sony is officially unlocking bootloaders, Motorola still does not have a solution even after talking about having a solution a long long time ago, just like how they promised updates to the XT720 90 days ago and have.... NOTHING.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/developerworld/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%...

Highlighted
hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony is officially unlocking bootloaders, Motorola still does not have a solution even after talking

Sony just went from Zero to Hero!

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 6

Re: Sony is officially unlocking bootloaders, Motorola still does not have a solution even after talking

I don't recall Motorola ever having an unlocked bootloader solution, only talk about looking into it in the future.

Also, Sony is only keeping the bootloader open on phones that are not carrier specific unless otherwise allowed by the carrier.

As for the XT720 in Canada? It will remain on Android 2.1, as it states here. There has never been a promise to upgrade the XT720 beyond 2.1 in North America.

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

What hixatchi mean is the bugfix update not the froyo upgrade.We customer are not retarted to be asking motorola about the same old stupid question again and again.

So can you give us an answer about the bugfix update?

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 6

I was not aware of one, but I'll look into it for you.

ѕзгνвοτ χ

рошегеd вџ Ғгоуовιυг™

On Mar 31, 2011 7:11 AM, "chaud" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

hixatchi
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Thats correct, I am wondering when and have questions about:

1.  when will the XT720 will receive an UPDATE for the bug fix list posted 90 days ago

2.  bootloader unlock for older phones like the XT720 (dates, ETA etc).

3.  Why the carrier has to pay for the update?  Shouldn't Motorola support their phones, not the carrier?  I mean Motorola made the phone, if thats the case I will always buy Google Nexus phones from now on.