Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tinchitse
What's DOS?
Views: 124
Message 1 of 8

To moto's administrators and managers

Dear moto's administrators and managers,

Hallo moto, I think you have been seen many posts which are requesting  to upgrade the android 2.2 or above already, but you still have not any  responses or explanation to us, we also have a question that is "Do  motorola has concern about customers outside US ?".

Actually, I have that question in my mind too, I am using XT701 in Hong  Kong, my phone was gettting damage many times,such as the system broken  down, the screen can not start up when I pressed the screen lock,  cannot answer the call since the bar cannot drag , always auto-restart  etc. I already go to

maintenance center at least 4 times, the  staff told me the motherbroad of phone was damaged everytimes,it means  Motorola phone is so unstable on hardware or software, but I still  supported motorola before you announce the upgrade list for XT701 and  XT720.

First of all, in my experience, I consider the android 2.1 just is a  semi-system for all smart phone, especially for those smartphones are  only have a few of rom space and ram, such as XT series ,milestone  etc.Nowasdays the games quality are rapidly raised, but also, the  storages are required more, such as Real football need about 10 mb, the  online games require at 30mb or more, but our phones are only have 256mb  rom, and 192 mb rom space is useableness, how can we install more and  more apps and games? That's why we need the APP2SD in android 2.2 or  above, the function makes us can move a part of the apps and games  storage to the SD card, it helps us to install more apps and games to  get more fun.Without this function, I have been tried that I cannot  recieved sms when the rom space is lower than 20mb, Therefore the APP2SD  is so important for us, for the rom space just has 256mb.

Secondly, the other fuction is important for us is the flash player.  One times, I want to browse a web to check my payment, but the index  page is a flash material of the web, finally, I cannot check the payment  record. Nowadays, many web are using flash materials, it's  inconvenience to us to browsing if we are without the flash function.

Finally, the android 2.2 or 2.3 were comfirm the speed is faster than  android 2.1 five times, the milestone and XT series have 256ram only and  CPU just 550mhz, we need the new system to boost our phone faster.  Anyone who has been used the milestone and XT series phones feel the  launcher is very lag, this is on eof the point we need android 2.2 or  above.

After Motorola announced the upgrade list is the XT series will remain  on android 2.1, I feel so angry, Why milestone can upgrade but XT701 and  XT720 cannot, milestone has the same specs and processor with XT701  ,and the XT720 CPU is better than milestone. Why they cannot upgrade?  Many people think this is a discrimination to different area customers  and it's not fair. Why motorola just corncern about USA are and  customers only? Why the XT701 and XT720 are sold out later than  milestone but cannot upgrade?These questions are appearing in my mind  too.

Moreover, we lose confidence to motorola right now, beacause we think  motorola has no respect for other countries customers because no any  staff and administrator to answer our question and explain why cannot  upgrade.

I told many people don't buy motorola phones as motorola has no respect  customers and any after-care servies on the core system, they already  stop to buy DEFY now becuse they listened my experience.

LG was announced the new phone and the first android phones can upgrade  to android 2.3 ,but why motorola let us stay at android 2.1 ? The first  LG is worser than XT701 and milestone, I think.

Actually , I have been analysed the marketing in USA, most of  smartphone customers are using Blackberry , and the Android , finally is  Symbian and other systems. If you just corcern about USA customers only  and give up other countries, same time, you will lose the huge market  in Asia pacific such as China, Hong Kong which are rapidly developing  countries and regions.That's why Motorola are facing deficit now from  2008.It's beacuse Motorola is not concern the new systems are rapidly  developing and become popular.

If motorola still has not reply our questions and give us reasonable  explanation to us , we will boycott motorola continuous, at least me.

Yours sincerely,

TTC

mrmako777
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: To moto's administrators and managers

your frustration is warranted, but why do keep referring to the 'US' like we some how mysteriously got froyo for our xt handsets and you didnt? did you not pay attention to the fact that this is the 'US' forum and we too are discontent with not getting froyo either????

chaud
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

I think he is refering to motorola droid which is sold in the US(its asia counterpart motorola milestone have not recieve the update yet.)not the US milestone XT720.Hope it clear the misunderstanding.

tinchitse
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

It's beacause no one give us explanation

yurtesen
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

I think making very long posts here is not very useful. I got bored and didnt read half of the original post. We all know that Motorola is not capable of providing proper software updates to their handsets.

What businesses are interested in is their profits not forum posts. Motorola managers probably do not check this forum (do they even have to?) they probably just check their spreadsheets  if the profits are going up or down... So if you want Motorola to change their business model, you should just make sure that you, people around you (and perhaps their friends etc.) never buy another Motorola product. (and I believe that would be a favor and samaritian task as the things are now...

There are more things you can do, put reviews about the product you are using out there (ex. to amazon.com or to Motorola Facebook pages etc. ) so people can see that if they buy that product, they wont get software upgrades. In a nutshell, use all the available resources you have to inform people who doesnt know about the software support of this product. (and other Motorola Android handsets obviously, according to their upgrade pages, they dont have any plans to upgrade any handset to Gingerbread even):

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

updatemyfivehun
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 8

It's bad.  You learned your lesson though: there are other phone manufacturers that make real phones, and have the ethical fiber to actually support the phone.  Go buy their phones, and leave the bad, unethical companies behind.  It is an age of global commerce, so it shouldn't be that hard to find and HTC phone that has potential.  I mean after all, the xt720 has what, 20 kb of internal memory (sarcasm)?  Motorola made another bad phone, when they had the opportunity to make a serious competitor. 

chaizak
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

tinchitse you forgot that 2.2 also brings an update in exchange servers which is required by most companies. So basically you bought a smartphone which cant even read emails!

celica9204
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8

Dear moto’s administrators and manager,

I believe you have received enough requests/complains about the android 2.2 update on XT701 or XT720 already! I was XT701 owner in Hong Kong since 2010 Oct. I was fine on the 2.1 so I never complained about this! Until one day I connected XT701 to Bluetooth headset, a huge static noise during conversation, it can’t even hear anything except noise, I’ve tried three headsets…but same problem!

Then I visited Moto service ctr. They told me that they found this problem few months ago, only XT701 with any Bluetooth headset “PLUS” the network I’m using will generate this problem! (I’ve been using the biggest Telecom network in Hong Kong since 1993). ……I am not an electrical expert, but I’ve been using bluetooth headset for more than ten years, my basic knowledge telling me that this is a connection between headset and the phone….why they blame on the network???

OK!...Then they showed and told me to shift from 3G to 2G , and the problem’s gone! So they advised me using wired headset for 3G or Bluetooth for 2G until they could find the solutions with the network provider I’m using!

I called to service Ctr. in the following few weeks …..Answer was the same! Then I called to my network provider, they said they never heard about this and started “Teaching” me the “knowledge” of Bluetooth!…..I knew because of the stupid question I’ve asked, they would treat me like a kid who’ve never used bluetooth before!

Finally, I called to Moto at the beginning of Jan. with “some” unhappy voice and asked to have a confirm date and solution of my problem, the day after a moto technician called me and said “Sorry, this is not the problem on the product, so nothing we can do! And nothing we will do! It won’t have any firmware update of XT701 so we can’t help you” What a good and straight answer from a worldwide enterpriser! I truly believe they would like to tell me “go buy a new phone and don’t bother me again!

OK…you win! I’m not the one who likes to argue and ask for advantage, I just want to fix the problem! Now I sold the XT701 with a cheap price and get a HTC Desire HD and I’m very happy with this wonderful machine. And I also solved “one” of your problems from customer service! I bought a new phone and “NEVER” bother you again!

I’m working on a wholesale business and I truly know what is “responsibility”, no matter product or service. I know a tiny cost of service would build up the reputation of the “Dead brand” gradually. But you don’t! My first cellular phone was a moto in 1993, I forgot the model, which needed a credit card size sim card. And I’m telling you my last moto was the XT701. As well as my family members….your brand is black-listed in my family!

Yours sincerely

YK