Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casmol
What's DOS?
Views: 302
Message 1 of 4

XT720 restart on boot

Hello,

I hope that even though my phone was not bought in the US I could get any help...

I bought my phone in South Korea, I paid the contract fees with my local carrier overthere and she said: "that's all, the phone is all yours" (It seems that she never notice that I was foreigner and I am planning to come back to my country...plop!)... when I arrived I found that my SIM was not working, so I downloaded an SBF file for US and installed it with RSDlite, it asked me for a subsidiary unlock code, so I managed to get one (I paid :/) so all was donne, I got my phone working and I even update it to FroYo 2.2.1 with a korean website.

BUT without 3G connection.

looking arround I found and app (basebandswitcher V4) that will change my baseband to one that I could use and fix my problem, but it says "this app needs root access"... so I managed again to root my phone, everything fine until I pick the baseband (Americas), then reboot...

and now my phone is stucked in Motorola logo, and it restart over and over and over...

I tried to flash the old korean sbf version to it, and after it successfully finish, keeps restarting again and again...

did I missed up my phone?

any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

casmol
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 4

Re: XT720 restart on boot

Hello,

I hope that even though my phone was not bought in the US I could get any help...

I bought my phone in South Korea, I paid the contract fees with my local carrier overthere and she said: "that's all, the phone is all yours" (It seems that she never notice that I was foreigner and I am planning to come back to my country...plop!)... when I arrived I found that my SIM was not working, so I downloaded an SBF file for US and installed it with RSDlite, it asked me for a subsidiary unlock code, so I managed to get one (I paid :/) so all was donne, I got my phone working and I even update it to FroYo 2.2.1 with a korean website.

BUT without 3G connection.

looking arround I found and app (basebandswitcher V4) that will change my baseband to one that I could use and fix my problem, but it says "this app needs root access"... so I managed again to root my phone, everything fine until I pick the baseband (Americas), then reboot...

and now my phone is stucked in Motorola logo, and it restart over and over and over...

I tried to flash the old korean sbf version to it, and after it successfully finish, keeps restarting again and again...

did I missed up my phone?

any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry but we are unable to assist with modifications to your device.

Connected by ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪

America's largest EDGE network.

On May 20, 2011 5:41 PM, "casmol" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

casmol
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

ok... thanks anyway...  any clue that you could give me about were to look for a solution?