Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MILESTONE™ (GSM)
All Forum Topics
Options

121 Posts

09-04-2010

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

System Updates via OTA

2011-05-24, 6:48 AM

I got a recent update of 2.2.1 for my Milestone(Italian Version) from the website of Motorola.Although I tried for this via OTA using the phone (Menu>About phone>System updates),I used to get the message "The server cannot be connected.Try again later".The message repeats every time I try.This stared only since a month back.Previously I was able to connect to the server and the message then use to get was "Your system is currently update".Has Motorola stopped sending updates via OTA now?OR IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE?I recently came to know from the web that Motorola is giving out an update 2.4.24 via OTA for the 2.2 Milestones(European Version).HOW CAN I GET IT IF THE SERVER CANNOT BE CONNECTED?Anybody may please help.

Waiting with thanks,

pnsdhrn

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re: System Updates via OTA

2011-06-06, 20:38 PM

Hello pnsdhrn,

That certainly seems odd. I'm sure you've tried to reboot the phone, or do a battery pull when the device was powered on and leave the battery out and reinstall it and reboot. As far as I know, Motorola HAS NOT stopped sending updates via OTA as several devices in the United States are receiving them as we speak. Have you tried connecting via Wi-Fi? How is your data connection as far as Internet browsing? Trying to narrow this down, hope it helps.

Take it easy,

mightyorion

Options

37 Posts

09-28-2010

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2011-06-06, 21:29 PM

Unfortunately Motorola doesn't give the rest of the world the same treatment as in the U.S.... They will not provide Milestone last update over the air, unless you request directly to a repair center, and even that, according to some people, doesn't work.

Options

37 Posts

09-28-2010

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2011-06-06, 21:33 PM

pnsdhrn,

Two news, one good, one bad...

Good one: that release you are worried about, is meant to Milestone 2, which is a different phone. There is no such 2.4.24 release for Milestone

Bad one: Motorola representatives that participate in this forum have already told, the Froyo update available through Motorola Software Update today is the last one ever made for Milestone. There won't be any further updates. And this is specially irritating given that this release has known bugs, as the DSI (Display Serial Interface) bug which causes several phones to reboot randomly and/or to show just a black screen of a frozen screen (randomly as well). So, don't worry about missing a future update, because there won't be such update, unfortunately.

Options

121 Posts

09-04-2010

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2011-06-09, 16:07 PM

Dear mightyorion,

I tried a number of tmes shutting down the phone and powering it on.Also the battery pulling is done several times.But the message "could not be connected to server " appears every time.Yes,I can browse net always.

Options

121 Posts

09-04-2010

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2011-06-09, 16:15 PM

Dear Hinotri,

If Motorola is denouncing their fellow customers outside US ,then don't blame us for throwing away these below standard bricks compared to their counterparts.Atleast they should somewhat courtsey to we poor fellows who happened to be their scapegoats.I am sure Mark wil disagree.

pnsdhrn

Options

121 Posts

09-04-2010

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2011-06-27, 5:40 AM

At last my fruitless wait is over.Quidos to Motorola and to their disguesting customer avertion,especially to those outside US!!! I got my Milestone rooted and installed with latest CynogenMod Gingerbread ROM.Now it is fantastic and I can update it whenever I need with the latest ROMs and Kernels enter in the field at my will easily.Thank you Motorola for enabling me to take this decision.

Options

54 Posts

02-15-2011

Austria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2011-06-28, 12:08 PM

pnsdhrn wrote:

[...] I can update it whenever I need with the latest ROMs and Kernels [...]

Nope, the kernel is signed by Motorola

You can update ROMs, but the kernel will always be the bug infested 2.2 release

That's why CM isnt officially supporting the Milestone - there's just versions from nadlabak/kadalban and his folks that use the latest CM software and combine it with the 2.2 kernel

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms