Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: MOTOACTV sweat and warranty

2012-06-26, 2:35 AM

Yeah, I'd also love an answer to this. Because, lo and behold, guess what I discovered today? Yep, that's right, suddenly my headphone jack no longer works! As if there weren't already enought problems with this device (I'm on several different threads at the moment to no avail so far) now this. On an expensive device that I have had for FOUR months! One that has never been abused, never been submerged in water or spilled on, that spends all of its time carefully placed on a desktop to recharge when I'm not working out, has been worn in the rain exactly twice, and belongs to a user who is a relatively light sweater. And yes, I did a factory reset. Motorola is of course telling me to process it for repair which at best will mean going without it for about two weeks (which for the serious exerciser is total BS). Is there any reason I should hold out hope that my experience with this is going to turn out any better than anyone else's? Any reason to believe that this will actually be fixed? I really feel like tearing my hair out. Does anyone make anything that works the way it is supposed to anymore??

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 15

2012-08-07, 14:38 PM

I'm back because I don't want this thread to die. There is still no answer and I think that we deserve one. Even if the number of people having moisture/warranty issues is relatively small, it seems like more people than is acceptable. A device that is marketed as rain-resistant, shatter-proof, and sweat-proof needs to live up to that. Period. Where is the integrity?

Options

42 Posts

05-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 15

2012-08-07, 22:34 PM

It's a dead product - no/poor support - Motorola blames much on 'liquid damage' so they don't have to honor the warranty - Drop in price to clear inventory - Out of stock on Motorola's site and some retailers - Come on guys, read the 'tea leaves' - Bail while you can!

Options

10 Posts

06-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 15

2012-08-07, 22:55 PM

cmhorka said:

It's a dead product - no/poor support - Motorola blames much on 'liquid damage' so they don't have to honor the warranty - Drop in price to clear inventory - Out of stock on Motorola's site and some retailers - Come on guys, read the 'tea leaves' - Bail while you can!

Totally agree - but also part of the product cycle, i.e. they are prepping for "MotoACTV 2" or whatever they're gonna call it.

Nice to know we were all guinea pigs for this product. Poor support, no straight answers on an overpriced iPod Nano with GPS. 

MATT or anyone at MOTO - the least you could do is offer some of us 'beta' testers of your product some form of discount on the new one in order to keep us around.  I personally have no reason to purchase the next iteration of this device.  This has been a buggy and support lacking product.

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 15

2012-08-20, 20:09 PM

I sent mine in for repair over a week ago because the workout button stopped working.  I NEVER had mine out in the rain once.  Closest it has ever gotton near to water was when I would wash my hands.  Just got the e-mail saying it had liquid damage and it isn't covered ... are you kidding me?!?!? I'm mid marathon training, and have had to go over a week without stats/accurate milage.  Plus I'm not out more because I purchased some of the accessories.  I've been going around to every one saying that this thing was my best purchase of the year.  I almost feel bad if any one I told actually purchased one.  I haven't even had this product for a year!  Are you serious?
(Matt, if you are reading this.  You even commented on my review on Amazon: "If you have the USB cover on the charging port, you should be okay running in the rain.  Adding the headset grommet is an added help, but if it's not submerged, it should be okay in light rain.  However I appreciate your caution."  My incident number was 30662, if you'd like to take a look.)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms