Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: New export button

2012-11-29, 18:13 PM

Guys am trying to export all my files, am following the directions to have all workouts exported to a tax file so that I can transfer to strava and after it gets crunching my data it says an error occurred to try again,  I tried going by monthly and it still gives me this problem.  I have tried on iPad and on a Mac laptop, should I try on a pc? Or any other solutions?

Options

16 Posts

08-28-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 18

2012-12-23, 0:28 AM

The export tool seems to fall over whenever I have Cadence data.

If I use my bike with the cadence sensor, I get "An error has occurred - please try again later" whenever I try exporting that data.

I have no such problem when I ride the bike without a cadence sensor.

I didn't get this error when the export button first appeared - it has only been happening for the last month or so - anybody else?

Also, it has been reported elsewhere, but another problem is if you pause and resume your workout, the same amount of time (as was paused) is chopped off the end of your export data - loosing the tracklog.

Fortunately, the original Download as CSV combined with this tool :- http://dev.zinu.co.uk/MotoActv/

gets around these issues.

One final whinge - why is this site sooooo sloooow for me - up to one minute everytime I click something?

Options

1 Posts

12-30-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 18

2012-12-30, 3:00 AM

R0adb1k3r said:

the new export button  works but it always to cheats me out of a few miles and time in my workouts, in all my longer bike rides it seems to be anything over 30 miles it seems to shorten the endpoint of the workout it happens on the GPX and TCX export if I download the old csv file under workout details and then convert online  at http://dev.zinu.co.uk/MotoActv/  the whole ride is there, is anyone else having this issue?

View original

Yep - GPX export is broke for me - if you pause ride while out there, when you export data as gpx activity time stops at that time point (so data is screwed). TCX does as you say and chops the end of the ride/ run! CSV still the only way and thats cr@p!

Options

6 Posts

12-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 18

2012-12-30, 17:16 PM

I think the motorola portal sucks actually, and I've been using Runkeeper for several months.

First pick an activity and export either TCX or GPX to your hard-drive in a known location.  Runkeeper will recognize both.

Within the Runkeeper software you can manually post an activity and "import" the map - the TCX or GPX file that you exported in step 1.

Options

6 Posts

12-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 18

2012-12-30, 18:33 PM

So some think that the export button is the "beginning of the end" huh?

This seems to be Motorola's Modus Operandi.  Throughout this company's history, they've been pioneers at a certain technology (for example, cell phones), then they seem to slack off, the product deteriorates, and they lose market share.

This MotoActv sportswatch has so much promise - the first of its kind being an all-in-one sportswatch.  Why they would give up on it and not try to strengthen the product is beyond me.

Options

16 Posts

08-28-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 18

2013-02-15, 4:26 AM

I can't seem to export to TCX if my ride is longer than 2 hours.

I posted on this forum on 23 December thinking it was my cadence causing the problem, but that isn't the issue, it is the time.

Everytime I try to export a workout longer than 2 hours to TCX, I get "an error has occured - please try again"

Fortunately, I can export to CSV and use this webiste to convert :-

http://dev.zinu.co.uk/MotoActv/

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 18

2013-02-16, 22:28 PM

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the fitness platforms on which the Motoactv data can be used?

Options

1 Posts

12-30-2013

Chile

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 18

2013-12-30, 17:34 PM

I like the motoactv sport watch. But the website and the support too is very shit!

How could it be, that a longer workout it impossible to export fully to a TCX file. I use Endomondo.com for better visualize my workouts. 

but motoactv.com loose the most of my route in the map.

How its possible to fix that?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms