Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

139 Posts

06-05-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 71 of 87

Re: SF600

2012-07-02, 20:33 PM

It seems to be an antenna issue. When they get covered in sweat they cut out the same as if you get out of range by leaving the MA on a table. It is quite annoying and I'm quite disappointed. As long as you're not sweating too heavily they work fine though. So all you have to do is not exercise.

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2012

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 72 of 87

2012-07-23, 12:13 PM

Same problem with me. Static in left side , led died and power button work only to turn on, some times. 2 months only device.

I'm from Brazil,  bought at Bestbuy, but unfortunately the warranty is not wordwide.Cry Yell

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 73 of 87

2012-07-23, 16:24 PM

I purchased the LG Tone HBS-700 wireless headset for multiple purposes. I prefer a wired headset when I'm outdoors, but the headphone jack on my Motoactv stopped working. The reviews on the forum made me reluctant to spring for the SF600 while waiting for my warranty to process (did the warranty via the retailer BTW) but I was wary about using the LG for exercise since it is not advertised as appropriate for that purpose. I took to Amazon to see if anyone had reported any luck exercising with it. The top rated review had a follow up report after longer term use. The user reported it as in flawless condition despite being subjected to horrific abuse. I gave it a go, and it worked out quite nicely. I received my new device and will be returning to the SF200 for outdoor runs, but it's nice to know that I have a well-functioning wireless set at my disposal.

Options

5 Posts

07-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 74 of 87

2012-07-27, 21:54 PM

I posted my rant elsewhere as I didn't find this topic until today.  See the details here (https://forums.motorola.com/posts/325acdb343).

To summarize, I purchased my SF600's from Best Buy on 6/9/12 for $129.  They worked well and I used them for about six weeks (3-4 times per week in hot weather), but the LED stopped working on 7/24/12.  Over 30 days from purchase, so Best Buy referred me to Motorola.  When I called, the rep offered to replace, but I insisted on a refund.  Like talking to the wall.  I asked for her supervisor, but got no different answer.  I hung up.  I wrote 1-star reviews on Amazon, Best Buy and Moto (link above) to warn others who are considering buying this product.

Three days later (today 7/27/12), my SF600's died completely.  So, I relented and called back asking for a replacement.  Should have sometime next week, but after reading all the negative comments, I still want my money back.

Can't seem to get ahold of anyone (Matt?) that can help resolve this issue and explain whether the problem continues ... VERY disappointed in Motorola's lack of consideration, especially when there are so many continuing complaints.  This one shouldn't be sold if its defective.

I'm just sayin.  Frown

UPDATE 09 November 2012

Ok, y'all here's the deal for you unhappy SF600 owners.  I did get the promised replacement in early August, but that new pair died even more quickly than the first.  So, I really dug my heels in.  I called Moto Customer Support (1-900-331-6456, option 5, option 5, option 4) and asked to speak to a supervisor.  I explained my repeated problem and extreme dissatifaction with the SF600 and with Motorola's warranty in general.  Selling a defective product and replacing it with the same defective product is not cool. 

After about 20 minutes and several "please hold"s, I did get the supervisor to agree to contact Motorola's "Order Admin / Warranty Department" (in the USA) on my behalf.  It wasn't easy, but they did finally agree to give me a full refund.  I shipped my second pair of SF600's to the address in Ft. Worth marked with the Return Authorization number.  A couple weeks later, they sent me an email acknowledging receipt.  TODAY, I received an email from "Motorola Global Reply" that told me, and I quote: "Your refund check #xxxxx has cleared all approval processes and is on its way to you by regular USPS mail.  You should receive it shortly.  Thank you for your patience.  Motorola Mobility"  The check is IN THE MAIL.  I hope this is the end of it.

So for those of you who are repeatedly frustrated failed SF600 owners ... DON'T GIVE UP.  Keep calling them back and insist on a refund.  It worked for me and I suggest Motorola should buy all these units back until they're all in THEIR DUMPSTER, not ours!!

Options

4 Posts

08-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 75 of 87

2012-08-03, 21:36 PM

I bought my SF600 when they first came out (December 2011). At the time, although the audio sounded great and the device worked well overall, nobody could understand me when I was using the deivce as a bluetooth headset. I verified the problem by calling my voicemail and recording a message using the iPhone, the iPhone speaker, the SF600, and my Plantronics Backbeat 903's (a great wireless headset, but not terribly sweat-proof). All the devices save the 600's sounded great. Motorola sent me a warranty replacement, but by then I had acquired a new set of 903's, so I just left them in the box.

A couple of weeks ago, my 903's succumbed to parrot damage (long story), so I finally borke out the SF600's. They worked great (taking and making calls as well) until this morning, when the left ear suddenly started getting staticky, then the headsets just shut down. This was after they had been charging all night. The only way I could get them to work again was to plug them back in for a quick charge. I now have Motorola sending me yet another replacement set, so I have my fingers crossed.

I really want to like these headphones. They're pretty comfortble, the sound is very good, and the bluetooth range is awesome. These constant failures, however, make me feel like I bought a $140 paperweight. My only recourse is to keep getting replacements until my warranty is up, since it's too late to take these back to Best Buy for a refund.

I don't know if my headphones have succumbed to sweat damage, as I seldom wear them when working out, and I've been very careful to remove them before sweat trickles down my neck. Regardless, Motorola markets these as workout headphones, and they should perform as such. At this point, I'm better off buying new 903's at half the price (they're going for around $65 these days). The audio quality is great, they also fit well, and recent design changes have made them more sweat resistant. If it hadn't been for my parrot deciding to make my headset his new chew toy, I'd still be using them. They certainly lasted a lot longer than the far more expensive SF600's and would have lasted even longer, had they not met their untimely and careless demise. 

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 76 of 87

2012-08-05, 0:34 AM

No fair! I want to hear about the parrot damage!

However, the LG headset I referred to in my previous post work great. I can't personally attest to their stamina as workout headphones because I only used them for that purpose a few times. But I checked the reviews on Amazon before doing so to see if anyone else had used them successfully and they are reputed to hold up in spite of severe abuse. Perhaps that's an option to consider.

Options

12 Posts

02-28-2012

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 77 of 87

2012-11-09, 16:30 PM

So after all this time, Motorola still has nothing to say to all of us dead SF600 owners?!?

Amazing!

And now, I've just learned about the new S11-Flex HD, which seems to be everything the SF600 was supposed to be in terms of sweat proof.

Dear Motorola forum supervisor, no chance I can get a refund on my (second) dead SF600 or a discount towards the S11?

Options

4 Posts

08-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 78 of 87

2012-11-09, 20:30 PM

Dinho, I could not agree more. My (third pair of) SF600's died a couple of days ago, with the same problem as before. Left earpiece started crackling, and now they're acting buggy. Worst part - microphone does not work on phone calls. All people can hear is a buzzing sound. I had to grab my trusty (but bulky) old 305's, until I could find a replacement. After an extensive search and some trial and error (do _not_ get a pair of S10-HD's if you have a large, round head), I was about to give up, when I spotted the S11's at Best Buy last night. Same price as the SF600's, but since BB has a 30-day return policy, I figured that I'd pick them up and beat the hell out of them for a month. So far, they are sooooo much better than the SF600's. Multifunction button works with Siri (yes!), they charge up wicked fast, battery life so far is exceptional, and they are very comfortable and adjustable. I still have about a month on my SF600 warranty, and I'm going to see if I can get yet one more RMA done on them. Maybe this time, they'll replace the 600's with a pair of S11's. It's the least they can do for unloading a $130 pile of crap on the public.

Options

5 Posts

07-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 79 of 87

2012-11-09, 21:39 PM

UPDATE 09 November 2012 to my earlier post from July 2012 ( see https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f87c0c662d#647441 )

Ok, y'all here's the deal for my fellow unhappy SF600 owners.  After my first pair failed in July, I did get the promised replacement in early August, but that next pair died even more quickly than the first.  I was mad the first time, but this was worse. So, I really dug my heels in. 

I called Moto Customer Support (1-900-331-6456, option 5, option 5, option 4) and asked to speak to a supervisor.  I explained my repeated problem and extreme dissatifaction with the SF600 and with Motorola's warranty in general.  Selling a defective product and replacing it with the same defective product is not cool.

After about 20 minutes and several "please hold"s, I did convince the supervisor to agree to contact Motorola's "Order Admin / Warranty Department" (in the USA) on my behalf.  I was as polite as possible, but I did not take no or another replacement for an answer.  It wasn't easy, but they did finally agree to give me a full refund.  I shipped my second pair of SF600's back to the supplied address in Ft. Worth marked with the Return Authorization number.  A couple weeks later, they sent me an email acknowledging receipt.  TODAY, I received an email from "Motorola Global Reply" that told me, and I quote: "Your refund check #xxxxx has cleared all approval processes and is on its way to you by regular USPS mail.  You should receive it shortly.  Thank you for your patience.  Motorola Mobility"  The check is IN THE MAIL.  I hope this is the end of it.

I'm intrigued to learn that Moto has a new generation of BT headphones as described above.  Indeed, I was able to find the "S11 Flex HD" on the Best Buy website today (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola+-+S11+Flex+HD+Behind-the-Neck+Wireless+Headphones+-+Dark+Gray/White/6776203.p?id=1218807631009&skuId=6776203&st=6776203&cp=1&lp=1). 

However, IF I do give them a try (dang it, they cost the same $129.99 as the evil SF600's did!), it will be after I receive the refund check and you can be DAMN SURE I'll be watching the calendar to return them within the 30 days period allowed by Best Buy's store policy.  If I have even a hint of a problem, those suckers are going back and I'm swearing off Motorola headphones forever.

So for those of you who are repeatedly frustrated owners of failed SF600 headphones ... DON'T GIVE UP.  Keep calling them back and insist on a refund.  It worked for me and IMHO Motorola should buy all these units back until they're all in THEIR DUMPSTER, not ours!!

Motorola should offer excellent products and stand behind them 100% or get out of the biz.  That's my 2 cents.

angry

Options

3 Posts

06-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 80 of 87

2012-11-09, 22:06 PM

Don't buy these. Just get the Jaybirds. After my battle with the 600's, I haven't looked back.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms