Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

03-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 21 of 26

Re: Skipping in songs during a workout!

2012-08-04, 4:47 AM

I used to run with the Motoactv on the belt clip attachment.  I figured out that on long runs my sweaty shirt would mess with the Motoactv for me, sometimes changing the day/date, but usually jerking around with the playlists.  This happens because the default option on the Motoactv workout leaves the screen operational and when the shirt gets sweaty, the Motoactv mistakes the sweat for touches and interacts with the screen.

I figured out two solutions.  One, use the wriststrap, even if you don't like it.  Two, lock the screen right after you begin working out.  

If you figure out something else that helps with this problem, let me know.

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 22 of 26

2012-08-07, 14:32 PM

Add me to the list. This morning, I was feeling excited because the other problems I usually experience during a run were absent. Then the music freak out began. (and just now I encountered the maddening "unable to process request"). I followed the link to the other thread and have disabled headset control. We'll see if that fixes the problem next time. In case it doesn't, I want in on whatever solutions arise for this. In my case, I know it couldn't be format compatibility issues because there were no songs that the device hasn't played before with no problems.

Options

10 Posts

08-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 23 of 26

2012-08-12, 18:08 PM

All of mine are mp3's going to bluetooth headphones.  They do skip sometimes.  I think it is from the device trying to do too much with only 256mb of memory.  Most people with old Motorola Droids had the same thing happen in various ways.

Options

3 Posts

08-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 26

2012-08-19, 14:59 PM

I read on another forum that it is humidity or sweat that causes the button on the headphones to short out and send signals to the player.  I am going to try to run with another set of headphones since I am experiencing the same skipping songs issue.  My player likes to return to the one Fit Song that I selected over and over again.  If I deselect the Fit Song, it then skips while asking me to select a Fit Song.  I hope that this fixes the issues as I am not going to convert all of my music to MP3 as my entire itunes catalog is in MP4 format.

Options

17 Posts

08-22-2012

Netherlands

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 26

2012-08-22, 19:34 PM

I ran today with a Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth headset, and it was skipping a bit; once every minute or so.

Turned out I could solve it by wearing the MotoActv on my right wrist; distance headset to Motoactv is then smaller and not blocked by my body,

as thye bluetooth antenna is in the right earpeace

Options

26 Posts

08-05-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 26

2012-08-22, 22:06 PM

Hi boudy, 

I have Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth headset too and had the same issue as you. It only happend once, when I was on a workout with Time and Distance setted up. 

Now I use Quick Workout mode and didn't happened again. I dont know if it's because of that though.... 

JmCourir

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms