Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 91 of 125

Re: Unable to process the request

2012-08-09, 16:40 PM

bfsooner said:

Starkman78 said:

splinterthumb said:

Man o man, new issue for me last night while training... HR monitor was behaving erraticly... "here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR"..."here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR". I guess it does make things interesting... maybe I'll have a heart atttack on the treadmill"..."maybe I won't have a heart attack on the treadmill"...etc. I trible checked and the thing was on right, trainer confirmed...

Starting to think I bought a lemon, and from the looks of this forum developer response rate..there is no lemonade being made...

Fool me once.... 1 week and it's going back (like Mikeymoto), If I wanted to be a product tester I would've taken more engineering in College.

I have been having this same problem lately. I started a separate thread about it this morning. I only see it happening when running or doing aerobics, it's fine for weights and yoga. Haven't done any other type of training in the time since the problem began so I can't comment.

I was having problems with the HR monitor a couple of weeks ago at the gym.  I always sync my HR monitor to my Motoactv before I leave my house (a habit I started with my Garmins, because they would always try to pick up everyone else's HRs as well).  I forgot and was at the gym when I synced it.  When I checked to see how many sensors it was picking up, there were at least 10 on the feed.  This was the only time it gave me problems.  If you were working out a gym, there could have been interference from other HR monitors.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out (I was at the gym)... Funny, a big selling feature of the unit is that it eliminates these sorts of issues.

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 92 of 125

2012-08-09, 16:43 PM

splinterthumb said:

bfsooner said:

Starkman78 said:

splinterthumb said:

Man o man, new issue for me last night while training... HR monitor was behaving erraticly... "here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR"..."here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR". I guess it does make things interesting... maybe I'll have a heart atttack on the treadmill"..."maybe I won't have a heart attack on the treadmill"...etc. I trible checked and the thing was on right, trainer confirmed...

Starting to think I bought a lemon, and from the looks of this forum developer response rate..there is no lemonade being made...

Fool me once.... 1 week and it's going back (like Mikeymoto), If I wanted to be a product tester I would've taken more engineering in College.

I have been having this same problem lately. I started a separate thread about it this morning. I only see it happening when running or doing aerobics, it's fine for weights and yoga. Haven't done any other type of training in the time since the problem began so I can't comment.

I was having problems with the HR monitor a couple of weeks ago at the gym.  I always sync my HR monitor to my Motoactv before I leave my house (a habit I started with my Garmins, because they would always try to pick up everyone else's HRs as well).  I forgot and was at the gym when I synced it.  When I checked to see how many sensors it was picking up, there were at least 10 on the feed.  This was the only time it gave me problems.  If you were working out a gym, there could have been interference from other HR monitors.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out (I was at the gym)... Funny, a big selling feature of the unit is that it eliminates these sorts of issues.

I do go to the gym for aerobics, but I run alone. And up until a couple of weeks ago this wasn't a problem at the gym.

Options

26 Posts

08-05-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 93 of 125

2012-08-09, 16:54 PM

Hi Guys! 

I just saw this from their Facebook Motoactv page.... 

Options

2 Posts

08-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 94 of 125

2012-08-11, 17:33 PM

Just started having the same issue. 2nd time now, coinciding with starting one of these training plans you download on your motoactv.  Please do something about this issue!

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 95 of 125

2012-08-12, 18:54 PM

Hey Moto.

You are taking a very long time on this one.  An essential part of this device is not working.  Still getting the unable to process request error!

This is *really* bad publicity for you!

bk

Options

7 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 96 of 125

2012-08-12, 19:41 PM

Since I have quick rapidly skipping songs during workouts, I no longer get this error message.  I ran a 10K this morning, and it was so nice not having a Garmin screeching at me.  The voice of the "Coach" is so much less annoying.  Despite some of the Motoactv's flaws, this is so much better than any Garmin I have owned.  Looking forward to the updates, though.

Options

2 Posts

08-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 97 of 125

2012-08-13, 23:15 PM

Still not fixed eh? Well sucks to be us I guess. Not like the device flat out not working properly with the web portal we're forced to use it with is a big deal. 

On a side note, both me and my fiance really love our motoactvs when they work as advertised, nothing else comes close to it in terms of functionality or useability. However it would be nice if they could get the "working" part of that equation to be the norm and not the exception. Here's hoping for a speedy fix cause I really do love this device.

Options

34 Posts

01-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 98 of 125

2012-08-13, 23:34 PM

sudzilla said:

I am having the same "lack o' maps 'unable to process request' issue".  I listen to music with every workout, except treadmill.  My treadmill workouts are accessible.  When I run w music, my workout sync's to the portal as I can see the workout summary info, but when I try to see the workout details, I get the unable to process request error message.

I am on MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion

Firefox 14.0.1

Motocast 2.0.23

8gb Golf MotoActv 1.7.2

Pretty frustrated with this.  I have been hanging on with hopes that these issues would get resolved, mow I am getting cold feed.  I am an early adopter and have over 1000running miles on this guy.  I had a run last weekend where I accidentally ended the workout on pause.  Started it up again and finished.  My first part of the workout is accessible, the 2nd part is not.  No rhyme or reason...grrrr

So, I went out for a run tonight....Once I started my workout, I didn't touch the MA.  I didn't change songs, volume, I didn't turn on the screen or pause the workout.  I did tap for updates a few times, but I didn't touch a single button between start and end.  When I synced tonight...EVERYTHING was there!!!  My run data, my GPS, my pace line, EVERYTHING.  As a matter of fact, I have been using a javascript called ACTVMILE to upload to DailyMile and that hasn't been working for weeks...THAT even worked tonight!  I had my MA, my Moto s-9 bluetooth headphones, and my Nike+GPS for backup.  If all I need to do is not touch it, I can handle that.

Options

22 Posts

01-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 99 of 125

2012-08-14, 4:32 AM
Frustration level is getting pretty high. Motorola cancelled my query on this without a solution. They just sent along an email that said I did not return their call, therefore the issue must be solved...both of my phones indicate missed calls if I receive them
...they did not call. Everything worked fine until mid July. Clearly, they put out an "improvement" that screwed things up...why not restore the old code? Roadrunner Sports dropped this product from the last catalog...I'm guessing too many returns? I was an early adopter so I can't return it. I'm giving it until the end of the month, if not fixed by then I will let my hacker son turn it into a wrist tablet. I'm not ok with not using the buttons. I paid for functionality and I'm not getting it
Options

1 Posts

08-14-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 100 of 125

2012-08-14, 15:58 PM

I have the same problem with one of my runs.  I've never used the scheduled runs feature.  I've always just done a quick start outdoor run.  On the run in question, I had trouble with the GPS acquiring and signal.  It timed out at least once.  Once it synced I started the run.  About 200 yards in, I got 2 additional audio cues that the GPS signal was acquired.  Bizarre, but a quick look at the display showed that it seemed to work normally so I didn't stop.

In addition to that glitch, I didn't start the music on this run like I normally do.  Normally, I swipe to the music screen and drill down to my playlist, start the music, back out to the workout screen and drill down to a quick start run.

On this run, I hit the music button and hit play.  The type of music I normally run to started so I thought nothing about it, but 5 minutes into the run, a song not in my normal running list played so I swiped to the music page and drilled down to my normal playlist and started it and ran on my sweaty way.  I did skip a few songs along the way.

Those are the details around the problematic run I have.

If the workout download is indeed working, it would seem to be a parsing error.  My theory is that one of the two events above (the GPS or music problem) is a case of a processing thread not being killed correctly and the device recording two (or more) sets of data associated with the run.  Worse case I can imagine in three GPS threads logging data against 2 music threads.  If that's the case, I'd check the killing of the threads or recording the PID of the thread (GPS and music) so that can be identified.  Heck if that is the problem, my workout would be 60k instead of 10k. Sweet.  On the minus side, that means the details of the run are hopelessly garbled and can only be approximated when fixed.  Junk, but I don't live and die by my workouts and the split data still appears on the MOTOACTV itself.

Perhaps if there were a way of syncing only the data being displayed on the MOTOACTV's screen.  I'd be willing to mark some workouts as needing to be uploaded again (on the portal or the MOTOACTC) and re-syncing the data.  If there were a way.....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms