Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 125

Re: Unable to process the request

2012-07-30, 2:36 AM

Add me to the list as well. At first the problem was sporadic, but now actually seeing the details is sporadic. So frustrating.

Options

6 Posts

07-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 32 of 125

2012-07-30, 3:14 AM

You can add me to the list too.  Just got the device last week and had several problems getting it to sync.  After finally getting that resolved I went on my first workout with the device.  I was disappointed to see that I can't view my workout on Motoactv.com.  I was listening to music for what its worth.  So far have had way too many issues....considering returning it.  Motorola please fix this asap as the device is pretty useless without motoactv.

Matt

Options

64 Posts

03-23-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 33 of 125

2012-07-30, 10:23 AM

I've emailed Moto support again today.

For me, the device is currently a paperweight.  I can't view my data, nor can I download it to use it on other portals.  Clearly more and more people are suffering from this problem now.  

If Moto don't step up and resolve this ASAP then I may look to contact UK Trading Standards - you simply can't sell a device which isn't usable.  A significant number of people (it seems, most people who do workouts with music) will buy the device and find there's no way of viewing their data whatsoever.  And no acknowledgement of the problem, no ETA for a fix, etc.  You can't sell a device based on that, fire sale or not, if you can't access the data then it's utterly pointless.

And still the few Moto employees who frequent this forum (aside from Matt who hasn't been spotted for about a month) have nothing to say on this issue... 

Embarrassing.

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 34 of 125

2012-07-30, 12:59 PM

Ibro said:

I've emailed Moto support again today.

For me, the device is currently a paperweight.  I can't view my data, nor can I download it to use it on other portals.  Clearly more and more people are suffering from this problem now.  

If Moto don't step up and resolve this ASAP then I may look to contact UK Trading Standards - you simply can't sell a device which isn't usable.  A significant number of people (it seems, most people who do workouts with music) will buy the device and find there's no way of viewing their data whatsoever.  And no acknowledgement of the problem, no ETA for a fix, etc.  You can't sell a device based on that, fire sale or not, if you can't access the data then it's utterly pointless.

And still the few Moto employees who frequent this forum (aside from Matt who hasn't been spotted for about a month) have nothing to say on this issue... 

Embarrassing.

Same here, but I can download the workouts as .csv and, after converting, load them to Strava or another program. I had to first close the "unable to process the request" window, then right click the Workout Stats tab and select to open in new tab. That yields another "unable to process the request" popup, which I then close, allowing the Download option for the particular workout in question.

It's become pretty clear that Moto is woefully behind the curve on addressing the portal problems. Perhaps, as the rumours suggest, they really are getting ready to pull the plug on the device. Its a shame, really, in that the device itself offers so much promise. Wireless upload, music, tabulation of so many data points. With a bit of focus this device would be a monster.

Options

9 Posts

07-26-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 125

2012-07-30, 13:07 PM

RIN said:  

Same here, but I can download the workouts as .csv and, after converting, load them to Strava or another program. I had to first close the "unable to process the request" window, then right click the Workout Stats tab and select to open in new tab. That yields another "unable to process the request" popup, which I then close, allowing the Download option for the particular workout in question.

It's become pretty clear that Moto is woefully behind the curve on addressing the portal problems. Perhaps, as the rumours suggest, they really are getting ready to pull the plug on the device. Its a shame, really, in that the device itself offers so much promise. Wireless upload, music, tabulation of so many data points. With a bit of focus this device would be a monster.

Thanks for the steaps to get the data out. I was trying to do this but was getting to frustrated by the errors to really think the steps through. At least I can get the data out to put in Strava.

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 36 of 125

2012-07-30, 13:18 PM

Well I've had good luck since doing the factory reset. Six workouts since have all be viewable on Motoactv.com but the only sensor I'm using is the heart rate strap.

If the Android app had all the features of the website I wouldn't be so ticked off about this, but it doesn't come close.

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 125

2012-07-30, 14:16 PM

Mize said:

Well I've had good luck since doing the factory reset. Six workouts since have all be viewable on Motoactv.com but the only sensor I'm using is the heart rate strap.

If the Android app had all the features of the website I wouldn't be so ticked off about this, but it doesn't come close.

Factory reset worked for me, too, until I did a workout with music.  Now its back to square one.  I receive the "Unable to process the request" popup not only on post reset workouts, but on workouts that previously displayed just fine.  Now my device screen is going bad, a big black spot that looks like dead pixels.  I suspect a Gramin Edge is in my future...

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 38 of 125

2012-07-30, 15:00 PM

Wow. That sucks.

Of the six workouts since the factory reset, 3 had music. Seems almost random.

RIN, how long have you had your Motoactv? I've seen the black spots thing on a friend's (Moto) Android phone.  

Options

23 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 125

2012-07-30, 15:29 PM

It's definetlly the music causing the unable to process message,  after 3 workouts using my phone for music i can  see the posted workouts (not the route map) the route will not display in the portal, but it's visible in the Android  app. I have also noticed that the calory count seems to be under reporting again, I'm still using the same heart rate monitor and cadence sensor as before and in identical rides with the same stats it seems to be under by about 20%.

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 125

2012-07-30, 15:37 PM

Are most / all of the failures post-reset on bike set-ups?

None of mine are bike.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)