Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 125

Re: Unable to process the request

2012-07-30, 15:42 PM

All the failures are after a device reset on my bike set up, it's the only thing i use Motoactv for I don't run..

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 125

2012-07-30, 15:43 PM

What about you RIN? Bike?

Options

33 Posts

07-20-2012

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 125

2012-07-30, 17:54 PM

RIN said:

Ibro said:

I've emailed Moto support again today.

For me, the device is currently a paperweight.  I can't view my data, nor can I download it to use it on other portals.  Clearly more and more people are suffering from this problem now.  

If Moto don't step up and resolve this ASAP then I may look to contact UK Trading Standards - you simply can't sell a device which isn't usable.  A significant number of people (it seems, most people who do workouts with music) will buy the device and find there's no way of viewing their data whatsoever.  And no acknowledgement of the problem, no ETA for a fix, etc.  You can't sell a device based on that, fire sale or not, if you can't access the data then it's utterly pointless.

And still the few Moto employees who frequent this forum (aside from Matt who hasn't been spotted for about a month) have nothing to say on this issue... 

Embarrassing.

Same here, but I can download the workouts as .csv and, after converting, load them to Strava or another program. I had to first close the "unable to process the request" window, then right click the Workout Stats tab and select to open in new tab. That yields another "unable to process the request" popup, which I then close, allowing the Download option for the particular workout in question.

It's become pretty clear that Moto is woefully behind the curve on addressing the portal problems. Perhaps, as the rumours suggest, they really are getting ready to pull the plug on the device. Its a shame, really, in that the device itself offers so much promise. Wireless upload, music, tabulation of so many data points. With a bit of focus this device would be a monster.

Thanks for your advice! It works perfect for me! I could download the .csv file and export to Endomondo and Sporttracks. 

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 125

2012-07-30, 18:01 PM

Mize said:

What about you RIN? Bike?

Only biking for me...

I'll try a brief workout absent music and see if that yields a different result.  However, I've returned my spotted unit and don't expect it back for at least a week.

I sure appreciate all the participation on this and other portal related issues.  I can only urge everyone to continue our efforts to get Moto to acknowledge these issues and provide a remedy.  Moto's lack of concern and seemingly intentional avoidance of the issues is, as another forum participant put it, disgraceful.

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 125

2012-07-30, 18:14 PM

Thanks RIN.

So it would seem that - so far - it's a combination of cadence/speed sensors *and* music.

I've done indoor running + music, stationary bike+music, elliptical+music with no problems.

My only recent outdoor runs and one cycling (NO cadence/power - still using my cateye) were NO music.

Tonight I'll do a ride (without cadence/speed) with music to check that one.

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 125

2012-07-30, 18:37 PM

I use the Garmin Ant+ GSC-10 cadence/speed sensor, the Garmin Ant+ Soft Strap HR monitor, and I play music, all with Motoactv stem mounted on my bike.  I bought the unit in March.  Will advise more results re setting combinations when my device is returned from service.

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 125

2012-07-30, 18:45 PM

So it seems to be realted to bike sensors + music...anyone running the Moto bike sensors?

Options

23 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:01 PM

Mize said:

So it seems to be realted to bike sensors + music...anyone running the Moto bike sensors?

I use a Moto sensor on my bike and a Moto Heart rate  Monitor strap, with the Motoactv mounted on my bike stem

Options

9 Posts

07-26-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:07 PM

Mize said:

If you read back we isolated it to music. Someone even posted the java error the page kicks out when we're presented with the "Unable to process request". I did two work outs with no sensors and no music, both loaded fine. Two workouts with music and sesnors and both failed. Two more workouts with sesnors and no music and they loaded fine. It's been entirely isolated to music.

Options

23 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:15 PM

FrankSpin said:

Mize said:

If you read back we isolated it to music. Someone even posted the java error the page kicks out when we're presented with the "Unable to process request". I did two work outs with no sensors and no music, both loaded fine. Two workouts with music and sesnors and both failed. Two more workouts with sesnors and no music and they loaded fine. It's been entirely isolated to music.

I agree that it's been isolated to Music but the Route map will not display even when you are able to load and then view your workout from the portal. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms